Carby help

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SEDUCE

Reaction score
Hey guys i have just brought a 110cc quad and the carby is leaking fuel from the hose unde the bowl when its running and when its not running?
what would that be ?

also it pops under full throttle but still goes good but just sounds like its either miss firing or pre igniting the fuel????

its not really worth messing around with those carbys, just wack on a new/2nd hand one of similar size

normally dirt or crud get stuck under the float needle.. its a small square shaped thing with a pencile point end on it, has a rubber end.. rather regular dirt wont let the rubber seal the incoming fuel closed and just keeps pumping fuel and overflows

thanks guys will get a new one how do i know what size or brand it is as there isnt much written on it.

check the seal (rubber) is good on the float bowl. I had exactly the same thing happen on the old mikuni after i cleaned it, once you take it apart the rubber around the ring never seemed to sit in desired spot, but with a bit of stuffing round and freezing it in a freezer (to shrink it) i got it put back on. I have now done it around 3-4 times and every time i put it back together i had the same issue (at least with the leaking) but a bit of persistence and a small flat head screw driver it should be sweat. if it's not that then as above check the needle, or if your done with both go for Hillz meathod, just get a new carby, that's what iv'e now done.... sick of stuffing round with it every time i put it back together :)

there will be crap in the float needle.. probly bits of plastic from the tank...

pull the carb off and remove the bowl, slide the float pin out and blow the carb out and re-assemble..

make sure you get yourself a fuel filter too..

also

from a most obvious of things

that hose is a drain point for the carby make sure the screw is done up tight

thanks guys i pulled it apart and cleaned it and blew through it all but there was a very tiny bit of **** on the rubber tip but it still leaks.
i checked the hole carby its all tight but still seems to leak.
what does the needle to when u change the setting in the clip as it is on half way setting?

after cleaning the carby i fitted it back to the engine and as soon as i put the fuel hose on carby it started leaking fuel out the over flow.
How do u adjust the float level as the little level thing was very loose on the float.
cheers guys

yeah but how far just till its level?

i adjusted that till it was about straight and moved the main needle from the 3rd clip to the bottom clip and then took it for a ride and played with the two screws on the right side until it went ok.

never played or tuned a bike so only learning this ****....

man its the only way to learn i had problems with my carby and did the same thing took it off pulled it apart and did a bit of mucking around and now my bike is 100%

you shouldnt be bending the float tab unless you know the factory height.. doing so can muck the whole carb up.

hey guys just want to know i had this bike tuned and the float has been adjusted and a new cdi put on but now it is going good down low and 3/4 throttle is great but if i hold it flat it goes good for about 30 seconds then starts to make like a poping/knocking noise at full throttle after about 30 seconds flat out
but if you go back and hold it 3/4 it seems to go a bit better
i pulled the needle up one clip from lowest point but still nothing
could this be running out of fuel in the bowl after 30 seconds as he didnt know the correct measurments for the float and just adjusted it till it stopped leaking out the hose??/

Could be running outta fuel, but why do you need the bike running at full throttle for so long, doing so can harm your engine and unless your bike has a max speed of 30kmh you would hardly need to have it full pinned for very long...

same problem pretty sure it is the float needle..
mine is on a atomik 110cc trooper quad how about you guys?

Latest posts

Back