carby high rev issues

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pitpro140bf

Reaction score
hey guys i have a pitpro 160 and i just put a new ring a piston, it sort of struggles to start and on idle it revs up pretty good, but when i ride it and open up the throttle it splutters and bogs down and wont rev up! ive cleaned the carb out and plug etc,also on idle and stuff when i open up the throttle like a white spray comes out of the carby and makes a shhh noise. please help me with this thanks guys

did you set your valve clearances? if so what clearance did you give them..
also might pay to check your cam timing, sounds like its retarded 1 tooth

also what carb are you running?

hey guys i have a pitpro 160 and i just put a new ring a piston, it sort of struggles to start and on idle it revs up pretty good, but when i ride it and open up the throttle it splutters and bogs down and wont rev up! ive cleaned the carb out and plug etc,also on idle and stuff when i open up the throttle like a white spray comes out of the carby and makes a shhh noise. please help me with this thanks guys

hay mate the same thing happend to me an i put injector cleaner in my petrol and it stoped making the nocie and bogging thats just me

thanks mate i will try that! um didnt do the valve clearences just checked them to see if they were leaking they were all good, put the piston and ring in all good and yeh its just been like that since :S, its got a OKO 30mm flatside

ok 30mm oko...

what jet specs are you running? please dont tell me you just wacked it on and hoped for the best lol.

oh and where did you purchase this 30mm from? different sellers have different style jets..
standard size jets in these from memory were around 125 main and they usually have an unmarked pilot...anything bigger than 102 main will cause big issues (like your describing) 36 or 38 pilot should be on the money..

but yeah just verify your valve clearance and cam timing again so you can rule those out..

and just so everyone knows....
running a carby way out of tune or not tuned at all is doing nothing more than destroying your engine.. even slightly out of tune is doing damage..
you can bet this is the number 1 reason engine life is reduced

the carby came with the bike when i brought it, it was perfectly fine when i brought it, since ive put the new piston and rings in its been like this, the barrel got honed and yeh, just pretty confused and frustrated lol..

Latest posts

Back