carby still wont fit

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ranger

Reaction score
hey guys i have replaced my ducar motor with a lifan 125cc and the carby was hittin the frame so a got an adaptor plate which solved that problem but now the fuel tank is hitting the top of the carby and the tank wont go on grrr. tried a shorter intake still no good any ideas on fixes?

Lift the tank up go to bunnings take your bolts and match em but get then 30mm longer and get 60mm length worth of 10mm washers and jack it up put the washers under the tank mounts. Half and half so it raises each mount 30mm and the longer bolts will let you do this.

yea thought about chocking it up but if i do that the holes for my plastic wont line up at all

You'll have to lift the seat by the same amount as you lift the tank ... ie just enough for things to clear the carb top ...

You've copped a common problem when fitting a big valve Honda Nice type engine into a frame designed for a small valve CRF type engine ...

A quick solution would be to swap frames to a later model ...

Latest posts

Back