case mods/engraving

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaron.blake

Reaction score
hey just thought id post some pics of what ive done... if anyone is interested in custom work chuck me a pm and i can do somthing for you

before

P130409_1342.jpg

after (hand polished)

P190409_1725.jpg

the fly wheel cover

P100409_1643.jpg

P100409_1644.jpg

i used and engraver and drew it on with pencil first then used a special engraver bit for aluminium and just started working

engrave = to mark or ornament with incised letters, designs, etc.: He engraved the ring in a floral pattern.

yeah thought id do something different... i was tossing up to either do a boxxing kangeroo or a dragon and i chose to do the dragon cause its a china bike lol so what better than a chines dragon!

cheers

yeah unit if your interested i can do
flywheel covers for say $25 (and work out postage)
cam covers $15 (and work out postage)
gear box cases $30 (and work out postage)
any other parts realy i can work out prices...
i dont have an hourly rate just what a job will
be... took me approx 6 hours to engrave the
cover and another 2 to polish it

get into the anodising.... that dragon would look even better with some hi lites here and there:) bit ff green red, gold and just plain silver

i was thinking of doing a tute on it, but im basically going to say...GOOGLE IT!!!!!!

its pretty easy to do, im just taking my time to get suitable dyes... do you know how hard it sems to be to get plain old clothes dye? i thought the acid supply was tricky...

yeah was thinking of colour but dont realy know how to do it... if i find out i might try... ive just been practising a few mins ago and im starting to get real detail like my pencil drawings...

hey aaron , s that the lifan motor you bought off me ,
that looks so sick man ,
how side that says lifan ,

looks awesome dude

VERY nice mate I'm interested as well and will be in touch ... but I think your work is worth more than you are charging and think most will agree ..... if you do anything on my bike that takes 8 hours I'm paying you at least a hundred bucks mate.:cool:

Dude are you saying 25bux to get a flywheel cover engraved like that????? If so thats slave labor mate! As dready said your works easily worth 100bux.

Very interested but further down the track....

Ya very nice work mate......so can you pretty much engrave what ever you can draw?
Will be in touch man i like very much and ya dready is right you are selling yourself a lil cheap

What did you use to polish the engine up that nicely?

I have been trying a few different drill polishers and some Auotsol but can't get them anywhere near as good as that!!

Top work. The boxing Kangeroo is a sick idea. I already have that as my graphics kit. ;)

Latest posts

Back