Castor Oiling My Pttiys Exhaust

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

!bmth!

Reaction score
so i was asking my dad about whats good to do for a new 4 stroke bike one of the things he mentioned was to get caster oil take of the exhaust put a plug in it and put caster oil down it and then drain it out to stop the exhauist from rusting later on he said he used to do it on his old 4 strokes thats was ages ago just wondering if its a good idea and if i should do it sounds like a good idea and saves having to buy a new exhaust down the track cause of my old one rusting yeh so tell me what you think i should do

things have changed a bit since he was riding by the looks. stainless steel is just that, stainless. doesnt rust. unless you do not have a stainless pipe. yes it will work, will it make a horribly mess, you bet.

yeh what if the muffler is alloy should i castor oil it then

Last edited:
lol im 36 and have never heard of anyone doing this. been riding since i was 12 or so and my old man had bikes in all his early years... harleys, indians, bsa's you name it. never once has he told me he did this..

exhausts rust from the out side so doing this wont help at all.. not too mention it will blow blue smoke when the pipe heats up and starts to burn the oil...
but the only way i can see it rusting from the inside is if you wash your bike and water gets in there and sits, but buying an exhaust plug will stop this.. leave it in there all the time when not riding it...
rust needs basically 2 things to form... obviously water and secondly oxygen..leaving the pipe plug in there will stop both..

best thing to do is keep your bike clean and spray the hell out of it with WD40 after every wash and keep it covered from the weather..

he says that the exhaust heats right when your riding which is true then it cools when there no oil condensation forms therefore its water which means rust well thats what he said it sounded like a good idea

Latest posts

Back