Castrol GPS

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HyperMotard

Reaction score
Hey guys I have read here that synthetic and even semi-synthetic oil can screw your clutch. I didn't know before I bought Castrol GPS 10w-40 oil and put it in the bike. I still haven't run it the bike is only like 1.5 hours old. DO you think I should get rid of this oil? Cause I don't want it to cause any clutch slipping and stuff. I looked for mineral based at Super Cheap Auto but didn't find any so I got Castrol GPS

sorry sebsktm but it wont be fine...

mate drain it straight away, IT WILL KILL YR CLUTCH and maybe other components as well...

seb they sell this oil in shops because it suites certain bikes NOT all... china engines only like 100% mineral based oil..

dont believe me try it out and see..
and if you do a search on here you will see other members having clutch drama's after using any blend of synthetic oil

Im running semi-synthetic 20w-40 some type of thumper oil, dont have the brand handy.
Never had any issues, as of yet...
Time will only tell.

You need to look for Castrol Activ 4T, It doesn't say it's mineral oil on the bottle so it can be confusing for n00bs.

Don't take any chances man, drain the oil and start fresh

what about all the Motul, semi-synthetics. they no good either?

OK guys too late I ran it on the oil BUT only ONCE. Can I still drain it cause I bought the Castrol Activ 4T at autobarn. I didn't notice a difference but you guy have experience with these kind of bikes so I'll take your word for it.

yeh the clutch ain't gonna just die straight away from running that oil, it will happen over time.
No-one's forcing you to use the right oil but you bought it so you may as well put it in

yeah, no ones forcing you and we can only say wat we've seen and heard about using syth oil.

put it this way...wats cheaper to replace? a clutch or a bottle of oil...

also you can get motul 1000 full mineral oil from bike shops, i paid 11.50

well geuse im dropping 50 bucsk of oil ota the bikes tomoro and puttin me good old deisel oil in then lol

Apparently diesel oil works well in these motors from what Ive heard. A respected member from a few years back would only use diesel oil in his pit bikes. Never tried it myself but if its all I had then I wouldnt hesitate to give it a try.

Latest posts

Back