Chain Bash!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dabomb

Reaction score
me chain came off 2 day while i was hooning in the bush.
Anyway the bike sudenly died and chain came off...
could not change gear, nor move the front sprocket.
after removing the sprocket cover, the chain had doubled up against the front sprocket and the fly wheel plate.
It put a hole through to where the stator is.
Will dirt from my chain get in this hole?
how can i patch the hole up/fix it?

Pics will come 2 morrow.

YES dirt will go into that hole.. You can get cast alloy welded or just go buy a new side cover, they wont be that much.

hey dude, i would just go and buy a new side plate.... also make sure you havent smashed the pickup on your magneato......if you have the bike will def not start... PM me if you need a magneato... about $80.00

heres the hole, is not apart of the magneto cover.

side-1.jpg

yeah dirt is going to get into there for sure if you dont fix that up, i have a break in mine too, luckily its right down the bottom and its outwards, (like its busted from the other side and the metal is sticking from the flywheel out to the sproket) so mine isnt too bad, you may want to see if you can bend the metal back into place then weld up the gap.

let us know how you get on with it all

Cheers, Tony.

thought you were the bush mechanics ?

bit of liquid steel and all good :)

LOL

your lucky you still have an engine with out oil leaks.

Try some Kneadit. It comes in a roll, cut off enough for the job and work it in your hand to mix it. I have used it on the leg of my outboard and it sets rock hard. Can be filed or shaped with a dremel after it is hard. Should work.
:{)

Try some Kneadit. It comes in a roll, cut off enough for the job and work it in your hand to mix it. I have used it on the leg of my outboard and it sets rock hard. Can be filed or shaped with a dremel after it is hard. Should work.
:{)

Ello Poppy, sounds good my freind, Shall invest!

Yeah Kneadit is good shit , I gouged a tear in my petrol tank in my 4wd in the scrub it was pissing out .... so I parked it up on a bank so I wouldn't lose the rest .Anyway once it stopped draining I plugged the hole with Kneadit and camped the night.And made it home the next day no worries.Sold that truck last year after another 2 years with no leaks.

As far as I know it's still plugging the leak .

So yeah good stuff and worth a go I reckon .

Hi, i just replaced my original chain whith a new RK chain, just wondering if anyone knows why my new chain hits the side cover, its the same size as old one??? i was thinking of just getting a new side cover that dosnt cover the front sprocket, do you think this will work?? thanks..

my mate put a whole in his old engine got some battery lead heated it up and patched it ha ha and it worked...Untill we blew the motor up :D

Latest posts

Back