Chain sliders

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LEO DPRO 037

Reaction score
Has anyone made theyre own chain slider/s. My kx80 is due for new ones but oem parts from america are well over $80. Any links or ideas much appreciated. I need upper and lower for my bike its not a 1 piece item.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Cutting board's make good/cheap home made chain slider's, and you can get them in green now too

5282.jpg

Sure have

I drilled into the swing arm and put a thread in , you can make them as long as you want

I'll have to get a few pics of mine

I made a template using cardboard so I could get the shape and measurements I would need to buy new material to make the slider , get a few countersunk heads while your there to put into the slider
The shop can cut the exact shape if you want them to , but they charge.

I got them to cut 10 pieces into rectangles and it was under $10 if you get thin enough material , I've used 3mm & it was easy to trim with a Stanley

if you take your old slider to a nuts and bolts shop they will be able to sell you something of similar material

Last edited:
Cutting board's make good/cheap home made chain slider's, and you can get them in green now too
Thats actually a great idea!!
Whats the life expectancy of a chopping board chain slider? Guess its not so important when your getting nearly a lifetime supply from 1 chopping board.

So i did it. Made myself some chopping board chain sliders.
Got a thick red chopping board off of ebay. uploadfromtaptalk1438857244907.jpg
Traced the original worn out chain sliders. uploadfromtaptalk1438857293892.jpg
Cut them out with a jigsaw and drilled appropriate holes for screws. uploadfromtaptalk1438857333009.jpg
Baught stainless screws and some thread locker! uploadfromtaptalk1438857333009.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1438857399707.jpg 13mm should last me a while (fingers crossed)
uploadfromtaptalk1438857434721.jpg
Had to slightly modify them before fitting as they rubbed on the frame slightly, enough that i couldnt get the screws into the existing holes on the swingarm. uploadfromtaptalk1438857506105.jpguploadfromtaptalk1438857518082.jpguploadfromtaptalk1438857528702.jpg FAT AS! got my new chain and sprockets and in heading to port gawler this weekend to test her out!!! Yeeew!

Some of you may ask, why didnt i buy a green chopping board..
Well hmmm, yeah why didnt i??
I like red - reds nice [emoji83]

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back