Chain Troubles

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

helmotbros

Reaction score
Ive got a Pitpro 250 and it had a KMC (shitty china brand) 428H chain on it. It had gotten overstretched so i bought a RK 428H chain but because that chain would have been made for minis and i have a 250 it is too short by about 10cm. Is there anyway i can lengthen the chain without buying a whole new one or spending TOO much money.

ur chain tensioners wont allow for that ammount of adjustment, so u will need a another chain to add links too, its best off buyin the right length chain now.

but do they even sell a 428 chain thats like 140 links coz they only seem to sell 126 links

I found rk chain to be shit and i wont use it eva again

i have a feeling tsubaki do 140links in 428 but i'm not sure regardless you should have counted the links on your original chain before you bought some hey
but you know for next time unfortunantly i dont think exchange or refund will be achieveable so your up for some new chain there fella

have fun

yer i regret not counting the links but then again who can be f@#%ed to count up to 140 hahaha

After some research it seems tsubaki do make a 140 link chain but does anyone know of their suppliers or who sells them because from the looks of their website they sell wholesale.

hey there mate

hey
um nice bike
i was looking at them on ebay how much did u get it for?
how do u think it goes cuz i still dont have a bike
and im not sold on any pitbike but looks like im going to have to cuz i need something to ride so wats ur thoughts on ur bike
?
cheers tyson

One way around this problem would be to buy another chain exactly like you have and a few joining links. Cut a short section of chain and add on using the extra link. Downside to this is the joining link is the weak point on the chain, so you now have two. And you will need a chain breaker or a small grinder/punch to cut the chain. You can use the left over chain to make future chain as long as you buy the same brand. If you have mates with the same problem you could sell them short pieces of chain to pay for the chain.

yer i thought of extending it but i dont really have the tools or the knowledge hahaha do you think if i took it to a mechanic that they could do it?

I counted the links on my old chain yesterday(turns out its no that hard hahaha) and it is 136 links and i found out RK make a 136 link chain so yippee problem solved oh and i took the chain back and they gave me my money back BONUS

Latest posts

Back