changing down gears

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol

IVE NEVER EVER HEARD A WORSE IDEA
the only time you ever dont use a clutch is if your ridding something without a clutch and if it has gears you should turn back the throttle when changing so save your engine

IVE NEVER EVER HEARD A WORSE IDEA
the only time you ever dont use a clutch is if your ridding something without a clutch and if it has gears you should turn back the throttle when changing so save your engine

well you havnt heard many idears....if done propaly you can safley change UP without the clutch

My uncle has never used his clutch to go up gears only down and taking off and stopping never had a problem with his box all race changing in motor bike races mx they don't use clutch going up gears but the do get new bikes after ever couple month 's

guys who are saying u must use a clutch going up are WRONG.
the amount of car that have come in with fucked box are from people using the clutch wrong. but no damage to the ones that dont use clutch going up.

guys who are saying u must use a clutch going up are WRONG.
the amount of car that have come in with fucked box are from people using the clutch wrong. but no damage to the ones that dont use clutch going up.

You have to remember - it all comes down to skill and experience ! Skilled people can get away without using the clutch but the inexperienced are well advised to use the clutch . Some people can destroy anything - would you let your younger sister who's learning to drive - get behind the wheel of your new Porsche , Ferrari or Lamborghini Diablo and tell her not to use the clutch ? :rolleyes:

A lot of race cars don't use stock boxes - there's the Doug Nash , Hollinger , Liberty equipped Muncies , Saginaws and Top Loaders - then there's Lenco planetary transmissions - clutch autos and a stack more that I haven't even heard of . Also race cars usually use boxes with straight cut gears - street gears are helical cut and less forgiving .

I think most people are talking about chinese pit bike engines when it comes to motorcycles . MX bike trannies are designed to cop all types of abuse and survive . Pit bikes are an MX chassis with a step - thru street bike motor in 'em . Basically - you use any machine how you like and for what you can afford . What's right for one guy - can be wrong for another . :)

why does everyone say tyou need the clutch to change it up gears.....if anything it WRECKS your gearbox...i learnt the hard way...if you are riding your bike hard and trying to beat ur friend dont use the clutch to go up gears

my thery y would they give ya a clucht if u dont need it huhuhu thats right so use the dam thing lol

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back