Changing front wheel from 14" to 12"

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone I'm in the process of doing the wheel change thing on two bikes (1 for me and 1 for my 15yo son) we plan to get into some motard in the new year. We are located on the sunny coast qld where do you get track time masterspoon?

saber/ Tina

well i havn't had a chance to get mine out on the track yet as i have only just finished setting it up. Mine will be a mixture of Archerfield and Queensland raceway gocart track. QR is quite a bit more expensive then Archerfield but I also do some track work on my husky motard there so i can ride the pitty when the scooters are out and husky with the rest of the big motards, and all for the one cost !! (i hope anyways :D )

that sounds gr8 masterspoon I know the kart track at Queensland raceway that would be heaps of fun. whats the go there do they run pitties much?
Saber

that sounds gr8 masterspoon I know the kart track at Queensland raceway that would be heaps of fun. whats the go there do they run pitties much?
Saber

sorry to go off topic
but my bike is done so ill see u tomoro at 10 :)
i mite not have rear brakes though :(

Saber

they used to every 1st and 3rd saturday night of each month i think, was run by cyberbike but they have stopped doing them now. Basically you should be able to go out whenever the scooters go out but i would check first. The Motorcycle Sportsmen of Qld do all the track work now, have a gander at there site
The Motorcycle Sportsmen of Qld Inc - News - Home of Road Racing and Supermotard in Queensland Australia

btw ducar.r.spec could that have been done in a pm buddy? no need to spam the forum for the hell of it.

they used to every 1st and 3rd saturday night of each month i think, was run by cyberbike but they have stopped doing them now. Basically you should be able to go out whenever the scooters go out but i would check first. The Motorcycle Sportsmen of Qld do all the track work now, have a gander at there site
The Motorcycle Sportsmen of Qld Inc - News - Home of Road Racing and Supermotard in Queensland Australia

btw ducar.r.spec could that have been done in a pm buddy? no need to spam the forum for the hell of it.

sorry dude i actually know her and am going for a ride with her and her son tomoro
she is new so i wasnt sure if she knew how the p.m's worked

thanx for that masterspoon will have to look into that I know the Ipsich track well I useto race Karts there

Saber
PS: yea i know how PM's work all good

Cheers for the heads up. Someone will get a good deal! I wonder what sort of tyre they have. Prob not as good as michelin pilot sports or similar.

I alrdy got mine sorted. Just need to put some rubber on them and away I go :)
*waits for nxt pay cheque*

I wonder who got them ? I was watching them but just dont have the $$ atm they went for $130. DHZ has another set listed at the same start price today

Saber

i already have a set but am throwing on the $99 start bid each time incase no one else bids
i paid $169 + postage for mine and they were still a great buy at that

What are the tyres like though... I mean.. u goto a bike shop and get a set of tyres for the price of those wheels AND tyres.

tyres a fairly ordinary but to get out and have a little bit of a play they should be fine. The good tyres seem fairly expensive and unless you are a quick rider or riding competitively I think they will up the price of your cheap fun a bit much. I think the proper Bridgestones were something like $275 per set.........
hell i can get 17" slicks for my husky motard cheaper then that !!!
there are cheaper options like the Pilot powers at about $160 per set
Shinko scooter tyres at $100 per set
not sure how much the Dunlop ones are but there just to expensive for me

Pilot powers are $160? I will def choose them! I use them on my R1 road bike and they are exceptional. They cope great even on the track. Although they cost $400 a set lol
Seeing as I will be racing I will spend the loot on decent hoops :)

congratulations sabertooth buterfly, I spotted those nice new wheels you bought. Hopefully you will have them delivered before the 22nd hey....
when you get them just make sure that the tyres are seated on the rims properly as my rear one was a bit off and will give you a pretty bad wobble when you get some speed going.

nah she bought them for her son (lifan_1p55) i should be gettin some $$ soon so will be getting my motard rims and tyres from dhz too

yer my tyres and wheels :) nar whont have the bike for the 22nd tina whont let me get out there then (sabbertooth) just spectating

I wonderd if anyone would spot my stelth ebay activity lol. would love to have a go on 22nd but i'm sure the trailer wont be finished by then (welder is slack and hasnt finished it yet) so I think we will be limited to just spectating and info gathering but soon after xmass we will be there for a run.

saber

if your in between Toowoomba and Archerfield I could pick up your bike for ya in the van, your up towards the sunny coast tho aren't you?

yea sunny coast here thanx for the offer. the other prob is both our bikes are 140cc at the moment and i belive that 125cc is the class for motard so we will have to get a couple of new motors sometime

saber

Last edited:
yea sunny coast here. the other prob is both our bikes are 140cc at the moment and i belive that 125cc is the class for motard so we will have to get a couple of new motors sometime

saber

my 125 will smoke any 125 u buy muhahahahahahah see ya tomoro lol

Latest posts

Back