cheap 110cc bikes

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrvkv6

Reaction score
anyone know which cheap chinese bikes are ok and which to stay away from??

im looking for a good bike for under $1000 which wont fall to bits as soon as it goes over a jump.

be careful as some are very crap quality for under $1000 you'll get a nice bike from off road extreme (for under $850) u can find them on ebay they sell the bike i have pictures of in the other thread it has big wheels and is good quality we've been out 3 times ive been over some big jumps only thing that has failed is the spring on the stand every time i hit a small jump the stand hits the ground my little nephew has the same bike hes done atlease 500km and still going strong we have only done about 150km on ours
they come in yellow,blue,red

yeah i was gonna get one of them bikes but they dont make that model with a manual clutch

yeah tell me about it thats the only thing this bike is missing if it had a clutch it would be wicked the next model up is the 150cc with a clutch and OHC (over head cam) or the older version has push rods for the valves once my girl friend learn's to ride a little faster and if i think she is ready to move up we will buy the 150cc for sure and when someone says stay clear of the chinese bikes dont listin to them but u will need to do some research as some are dodgy fair enough our two chinese dirt bikes dont have arrow welding but they still have good weld jobs some of the dodgy bikes u will find they cut cost where they can like small wheels,2/3rd's exhaust cover,kick starts,stands etc... if u can inspect the bike in person before buying u will make the right choice

you scored it for a good price and it has small skinny wheels but at that price who cares :D i was talking to two guys on the weekend both had CRF50's one had $10,000 spent on it looked awesome it had a 110cc big bore my girl friend pulled up on her bike the bigger wheels on our bike was very noticable the other guy said he could feel all the bumps with the smaller wheels
heres a link to one of our bikes we have both the blue and red models we payed $759 for the red bike and $850 for the blue bike so u can clearly see u got yours for a bargain ;) http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4541288042&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT&rd=1

yeah mine looks a little cheaper made than yours, but as long as it dosnt fall to bits itll be sweet, i just wanna muck around and do some jumps, nothing over 1.5m hopefully if i upgrade a few parts it will hadle it. im gonna get an i shock for it if the bike is half decent, if its crap im just gonna sell it

In all reality guys, i wouldnt feel safe jumping any of the cheaper dirt bikes available from ebay ect.

And when you say you'll only jump a 1.5m jump jrvkv6, have you actually seen and jumped a 1.5 metre jump??? Its a fair size when you are actually standing next to one or infront of one. I jump mountain bikes and some of the jumps i hit are 1.5m average and i can tell you that they are big jumps. Coming down from a jump that size will damage the bikes available at cheaper prices for sure i reckon, if not damage the rider also when something gives way. And can you honestly say that the welds/materials used in the bikes will handle the force when coming down? Personally i dont reckon they will.

If you are serious about jumping them ect i would go all out and pay for a quality bike (upwards of $2000), other than that, i would just ride it on the dirt for a bit of fun without jumping it. In all seriousness, id feel unsafe jumping them off gutters.

But, this is all just my opinion and you are free to decide what you feel/want in the end anyway.

Cheers, Alan.

ive been over 2m table tops on one of our chinese bikes they are ok just the bolt for the sway bar comes loose after every couple of rides and u can hear the sway bar bushing move if u plan on doing abit of jumping upgrade the shocky

have i actually seen and jumped 1.5m jump??

what do you think im some 12 year old tryhard.

i expect ill bend a few things but ill repair it as i need to, like i said if the bike is that crap im just gonna sell it.

and at the end of the day wounds heal and the bike can always be repaired

still running it in the book said 1500km's :shock: we are just trying to keep logs of when we ride and how much fuel we use so far we have only rode it 5 times we have used a little under 2 tanks these bikes last a long time on fuel with a 2.8L tank we ride for around 3 hours max each ride with stoping etc... most fuel we have used is half a tank per ride we will probably sell the bike before its ran in

ive read that site... go pull your bike down take out the little end bearings pull them apart and tell us what u see 8) on 50% of bikes i have rebuilt from seized motors its the bearings that caused it

gazza2003au said:
ive read that site... go pull your bike down take out the little end bearings pull them apart and tell us what u see 8) on 50% of bikes i have rebuilt from seized motors its the bearings that caused it

Then that would be oil starvation in my opinion. Read this (doesnt get into the bearing stuff till about 1/4 way down) http://mototuneusa.com/circular_logic.htm

My 2002 bonneville had plain big ends and possibly mains too, I didn't run it in (infact I hit the rev limiter (7,600rpm) a few times with less than 1500kms on it because it was so quiet with the stock mufflers I didn't notice I was getting up it) and it never seized 8) Ran fully synthetic Mobil Racing 4T from 800kms onwards too. How about all those myths that you cant run fully synthetic untill 10,000kms? Bullshit. Full synthetic was recommended in the owners manual after the first oil change at 800kms :D So many old wives tales out there :lol: Use good oil and you won't have any trouble.

gazza2003au said:
try and ride 1500km's on a pocket bike and tell me how many tanks u go through... gurantee your bike is well and truely ran in by than...

It doesn't matter, I had LESS than 1500kms on mine when I hit the rev limiter (it might have been less than 1000kms I dont remember). The point I'm making is (and what that web page is saying), plain bearings run on a cushion of oil, what is there to run in? There is NO metal to metal contact, if there is then the motor is already fucked and no amount of running in is going to help it, there was clearly something wrong to start with. Running in = bullshit. We just bought a new car (first ever new car) and there is no run in period mentioned in the owners manual, the first service isn't even until 15,000kms! The warranty is 3 years/100,000kms, if they thought that the motor would shit itself because of not being run in I don't think they would offer that warranty.

Running in = bullshit
this is from experience! we had a suzuki DS80 about 8 years ago or something like that i dont keep track... we gave it a top end rebuild NOTHING WRONG WITH THE SLEVE just gave it a rebuild with a new top end kit rode the bike for 20-30mins it blew up (piston and rings) go figure :roll: ever since i use the running in process ive never had a problem u think i havent owned a bike or two in my life? i can name every bike ive owned...

2x PeeWee 50's,YZ 60,92 DS80,96 DS80,82 YZ80,83 CR80,2x 95 RM80,85 YZ125,93 KX125,94 RM125,92 DR200,95 YZ250,98 KX250,2x 05 110cc and a couple other bikes to go along with those.... how many blown or fucked top ends do u think ive had from the "running in process" on these bikes? 1 that was the 92 DS80 witch we didnt run in after we screwed the motor we rebuilt it ran it in never had another problem

Latest posts

Back