Cheap Pitbike?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Owfica

Reaction score
Hey Guy's, From Adelaide. First bike i had was a second hand 90cc got to ride it twice before it died and got my money back (had no brand name on it)

I want to buy a brand new pit bike this time, Just for fun ridding around mates property.

Pitpro 125cc RR for $800 seems decent, But being a pensioner.. Is it better of just going with the atomiks of ebay or something? I've seen some for nearly half the price. I understand you have to take a lot of care of the cheap bikes, But some opinions on what brand/model/links would be a great help! :)

$800 sounds a little steep for a second hand 125, iv'e seen 2nd hand LXR's go for almost that. What sort of riding you gonna be doing?

Years ago my 90cc was around $350 second hand, the Pitpro 125cc RR brand new are $800 but I'm just wondering if it's better of going with the atomik's of ebay because they seem to have the same brand engines. Just be using for driving around at a mates property, nothing crazy/jumping etc lol.

I have heard many people say atomik nitrous it a good bike. Personally I haven't tried them yet. I have a pitpro and I love it. I have only had to replace the fuel tap o-ring. They are excellent for easy riding and a good starter bike. Stay away from most ebay bikes except atomik. Tdr, lei moto, motoworks etc. I know most people prefer atomik as it is cheaper and basically the same as pitpro. If you can pick up an atomik for cheap on eBay it will be the better buy. Nitrous is the type of atomik to get. :)

$800 brand new? Thats a winner then i reckon :) I own a Nitrous 160(or whats left of one) and iv'e never had any major dramas with it, great little bike + the wife has a completely standard Nitrous 125 and thats been just as good. I'm a bit harder on mine than she is so mine now has aftermarket shocks and bars, 184cc, v2 head, bigger carb, lightened + adjustable stator blah blah blah... the list goes on. But for a great starting point or just something to put around on, their pretty good value :)

hey bro I got my atomik nitrous for $850 delivered haven't had a problem and I trash it hahah but had a few pitpros over the years I always change the tyres and hbars and just have a play around with it and a cheaper bike like for under 800 ish can be abit ****ter and wont last ya just save abit more and get yourself a goodone will save your pocket in the long run just make sure you look after it clean filter change oil etc.. goodluck :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey mate,

I got an 08 pitpro 140. It's had a bit of a hammering the last 5 years or so. All I've changed is the piston and rings. And rear shock. And then just standard little mods along the way such as , filter, handlebars, throttle and a few other little odds and sods. I haven't had any major issues and would have another one without a doubt. Just some friendly input for you anyway. Let us know what you end up with! :)

Cheers

Dont disregard second hand bikes. Im not saying that just because im selling one. You get alot more for your money with upgrades already done and mods that you will prob do in the future.

Latest posts

Back