Cheapest place to guy Lifan 140cc?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjc85

Reaction score
I want to buy a Lifan 140cc, the new ones with the longer stroke

I think they are 55mm x 59mm (bore stroke) right?

I want to build it up for my Motovert and chuck the motovert 141cc in my monkey bike.

Gonna get a 57mm HC piston (could I go bigger?), 30/26mm valves, some sort of race cam (not sure which one?) maybe Trail bikes Lifan race camshaft, 30mm keihin carb and some porting.

Hey there, as far as i'm aware, there isn't any piston for the new lifan 140cc's yet (diffrent deck height, pin etc), the 30/26 vavles are not a drop in size, 28/24 drop straight in with a little bit of machining..The cam in the 140cc is already a "race cam" apparently with nearly 7mm lift!! (you can't really buy a new cam for the new lifan 140 yet because they have a totally new cam, the short AND long cam do not fit)

Ok, gonna have the valve seats recut for the 30mm/26mm. Can get pistons with 15mm pin, but how do I know if the deck height is correct?

isnt the motovert 140ccc better than a lifan???

isnt the motovert 140ccc better than a lifan???

NOT if they're a Jialing ! Cat-5 is the exulted "GURU" behind all the T-Bolt 140/146 GPX Jialings . I know people in the states who race the 140 GPX's and this is what they had to say :

[/quote] What ID does cat-5 go under ? DC whatever his name is ?
Your X2R has a Honda motor in it . What did it cost ? I'd buy a Honda engine down the line but I'm giving the Lifan monster 120's and 140's a chance first ! If they don't cut it , no BIG loss . I'll sell 'em off as spare parts and go Jap built !
Does the Takegawa 114cc motor just rev harder up top , or does it have more power everywhere over the 140 Jialing ! I'd assume the 140 has stronger bottom end but drops off up top which you'd expect with a longer stroked crank .[/quote]

Dont know about Cat-5 or DC....Both are complete tools....

The 114cc is about 2 years old and highly dependable. Its an e-22 type head Boyesen Porting a real cheap tall cylinder but has a Superhead Piston...it revs quick and hits real hard mid to topend..a screamer it Ripps

I have many Motors on the shelve I would have run my 140cc GPX but the inner cases cracked from kick back so I grabbed my Takegawa 114cc motor off the shelve and ran it..its actually faster than the 140cc but I hate the fact that is a 3 speed.

The 140cc gpx is a low to mid motor it makes great power but the materials use in the lower end and cases are weak...sooner or later one of the china companys will get it right. to make the motor real race worthy a Tranny treatment has to be done. Kenny has a 160cc GPX motor that makes 23HP, is working on a 186cc and just got the parts needed to do a 200cc gpx

Later

And :

Jialings taken out to 140/146 are more reliable than Lifan 140's ??????? Ehhhh ???? Some people need to put down the crack pipe and hit the smelling salts !!!!!!

Problems with 146 Bigbore kits - ThumperTalk

GPX's have really strong gearboxes ehhhh ???

Setting the Timing on a GPX motor - ThumperTalk

Last edited:
lol so paying 990 bucks for a motor isnt worth it when u could spend 990 on a 140 including mods.

lol so paying 990 bucks for a motor isnt worth it when u could spend 990 on a 140 including mods.

Hmm well, the Motovert 141cc is good value.

It will cost roughly the same to build a Lifan that will have a bit more power, but if you don't have the right channels or sources it could blow out to more.

I was thinking of doing the work to the outlaw but its pretty reliable and thats what I need in my monkey bike, something reliable, just hope the Department of Transport let me stick the 141cc in as it is only registered as a 50cc currently but has a 110cc.

Kaneo. Sorry Dude but he is talking about a Lifan 140cc engine those parts you linked to dont suit the new 140cc Lifan engine !

Cheers Brian

I want to buy a Lifan 140cc, the new ones with the longer stroke

I think they are 55mm x 59mm (bore stroke) right?

I want to build it up for my Motovert and chuck the motovert 141cc in my monkey bike.

Gonna get a 57mm HC piston (could I go bigger?), 30/26mm valves, some sort of race cam (not sure which one?) maybe Trail bikes Lifan race camshaft, 30mm keihin carb and some porting.

57mm is the limit without boring the cases and will give you a 150.
Boring the cases is not that hard and then opens up 58,59,60mm for you. A nice size IMO is 59mm. 60mm just doesn't leave enough meat on the bone for my liking. These motors can take huge cams if you know how to build around a big cam. The stock cams are in no way a race cam and are totally lacking in lift and duration. They have -10* overlap at 50 thou. Max lift is 6.5mm on the exhaust and 6mm on the inlet. Much bigger than this and the stock springs are near binding stage.

Kaneo. Sorry Dude but he is talking about a Lifan 140cc engine those parts you linked to dont suit the new 140cc Lifan engine !

Cheers Brian
So the race cam with 32t gear doesnt fit the new ones?. It says it fits the lifan big valve heads. Are they different now? I was gonna get one for my dhz 140. Similar, almost the same as your pit pro 140s. Now im not so sure. I come to adelaide a fair bit, would love to go riding up there somewhere. Will have to catch up with you and have a look at your shop next trip. :)

The Lifan 140 uses a 28 tooth cam sprocket.

Hey Kaneo.
No problem dude!Give us a call ... We are more workshop rather than shop here so no fancy counters and flashing lights .Just bikes,stock,milling machines,benches,Cylinder head re-con machine,lathes,TIG welder,etc,etc. !!
A real mans workshop !!! Owoooo LOL

Cheers Brian

Latest posts

Back