china 110cc engine lubrication issue?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fiddy@norway

Reaction score
greetings everybody, I've been out of commision for the last six months because of a staph infection in my right knee, I'm still weak and in pain so I cannot ride much these days, so to kill some time until I heal completly I'm thinking of starting a small project.

I have in my possesion a Suzuki TS50X, that's a 50cc 2-stroke offroad moped, problem is it's got both a blown bottom end and top end, heres a few pics of it:
SuzukiTSX4.jpg

SuzukiTSX3.jpg

and I also have a crashed 110cc generic brand china pitbike laying around, it's a no-name 110cc auto-clutch engine with very few hours on it, but the tripletrees are shattered and the rest of the bike is a POS so I don't have any real use for it.

I'm planning on taking the 110cc engine and mounting it in the suzuki frame, making mounts and brackets won't be a problem as I have access to sheetmetal and welders, but the issue is that the 110cc engine is longer than the 50cc engine, I would have to mount the engine tilted at an angle for it to not hit the frame with the head, don't know how much of an angle yet.

how would this affect lubrication of the engine?
this engine has no pump and no slinger either, atleast not to my knowledge, so I'm guessing it's a splash-fed system, would all the oil just gather in a pool in the back of the gearbox if it's mounted at an angle?

anybody got an opinion?

they got a pump. if you remove the clutch, its under there...pickup is just above the sump plug bolt doodad... could maybe fit some sort of pickup to it, not sure... looking at the frame, it would probably fit no problems.... front wheel clearance is the issue...

other options... use more oil? main problem is the oil collecting in the crankcase,and lower cylinder... having the gearbox end full wont do too much damage:)... chop frame and stretch it a few inches? remount swingarm pivot behind the frame so theres a tad more space? carby is going to be fun...

i always wonder what happens to engines when these mad bastards pop wheelies for ten minutes... i know it was a sure way to kill the old kawasaki z1000, doing extended wheelies. and the carby!!!! once again, damned carbys...

otherwise...good luck, post pics. especially of the knee;) oh, and scenery... i like scenery:)

Last edited:
so they actually got oilpumps? interresting...
the 110cc engine is a few inches longer than the 50cc because it's hanging cylinder\head, the head will hit the front frametubes, and it doesn't fit between the tubes either, that's why I'm considering a angled mount. that way it would clear the wheel too.

and using more oil could be an option, but wouldn't it just flow out the crankcase went tube if the engine is tilted?

carb won't be such a big problem, I have a few spare intakes I can either try to heat and bend to correct angle or cut and weld to correct angle.

don't have any pics of the knee though, but you wouldn't want to see it anyway, it swelled to twice it's size, turned purple (not kidding, real purple) and then it popped, it oozed something that resembled a mix of mustard and mayo in great volums, then I was rushed to the hospital and had surgery the same night, thats almost seven months ago, I still walk with a limp...

Don't tilt the motor ... jack the spars out to clear the cylinder and head by using a car trolley jack and a 2 blocks of wood ...

Here's a pic of a horizontal engine in a KTM type frame ... which I stole off an ebay listing ... :D

WATERCOOLED110INFRAME.jpg

Here's how Honda SL70's are configured ...

RedSL70pic2-2.jpg

RedSL70.jpg

Last edited:
i was gunna suggest that as well... spread the frame

i want to see the knee!!!:mad: no excuses!

een if its someone elses knee off google:p i want some gruesomeness:)

yea the knee sounds good, shoulda made a time lapse of the whole abomination :p

well my knee looked like this guys knee after it popped, only more purple:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AqK7ivxQ0k&feature=related

staph infections are common and are usually just annoying and painfull and easily cured, but if it gets into your joints, you are screwed.
because of the constant movement in joints the bacteria spreads like fire and will destroy the tissue it infects, and if left untreated it will get into your bloodstream and could easily kill you.

when I was admitted they dug the infected tissue out, and I had a hole in my knee for 3 months afterwards.

I probably got the infection when crashing on one of my bikes, don't recommend it....

but anyways, I will have to take some measurements of the 110cc engine and the frame, if spreading the frame is looks to be to much work, I might just cut the tubes and weld in new ones that clear the engine.
and for the exhaust I'm not sure If I want to route it underbody style or regular dirtbike style, also gonna port the head to get some more power as this bike is a good deal heavier than a pitbike.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back