China or japanese engines?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazy trip

Reaction score
I just bought a china 200 and 50cc bikes, the 50cc engine looks very much like a Honda unit but with an electric starter but I didn’t recognize the 200cc engine from any of the Honda or Japanese range?

Do china have any agreement with the Japanese for there engine copy rights?

no the chnga's don't have any rights or agreements to produce jap bikes in china without trading under a jap name (yamaha etc).Infact yamoto got sued the shit out of in the states for copying yamaha's ttr range and imatating there name and colours etc.Good times

Thats interesting, thanks
I also read some were that a some japanese brands are being made in china.
I saw a new honda RS125 in a honda shop with china wrote on the chassis plate

Yeh thats why they get away with copying everything they sell. It wouldnt surprise me,

I dont know if its true but I read somewhere that honda let its patent fun out on the "50" and that is why it is being copied (it makes sense at it was designed 40 years ago) without breaking any laws.

If that is true then the 200cc motor may also be a really out of date design so crack out the old bike magazines from the 70s and see if you can recognise it.

I agree with cass, I think I saw somewhere where the Lifan company bought all the old moulds from Honda cos the Honda patent ran out -been searching for that article but cant find it yet ...

Latest posts

Back