china wont start???

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terra-moto-Ash

Reaction score
well a couple of days ago i washed my china and ran it.. then i put it away and a week later it wont even start.. im guessing its somthing to do with the eletrics... but wat is it??
thanks for the help in advanced
ash

um.. where/have you looked at? If water hit the magneto or IRK, could make a bit of fuss but i got water on my IRK and nothing happened so that'd be unlikely it would be that..

Does your bike have a battery/ starter motor? could be that.
Maybe your Spark Plug? check the cable etc. maybe the cable isn't quite on the plug right? you might have knocked the cable off the plug.

Off the electric side.
If water gets it your carburetor, that would most likely be your problem.

no worries, if there is no spark what so ever, its been narrowed down to the electrics and/or spark plug!

blow out all the electric connections. i get water in mine sometimes and it wont kick over

Long shot here but have you checked the CDI? I think they can cause something simular to this when they break.

well ok.. ive have just about tryed everything i could think off..
the spark plug is good, because i tested it on another bike, i also tryed the 70cc cdi and it still didnt work...
i am maybe thinking that it has something to do with the megneto and flywheel and all that..
is the any suggestions wat could be wrong with the megneto???

wat is this part??? when i join the 2 red wires together the bike turns over but still no spark.. could this be broken or wat??
P1030180Small.jpg

compressed air, and wet electronics work a treat! blow out/ along the electrics with compressed air! moisture has gotten into the circuit

that looks like a relay probably for the starter motor..
im guessing it is probly the coil!
the coil should be under your fuel tank, its what makes your spark.
trace the spark plug lead to a wierd looking box/metal thing and thats your coil, take it off goto a bike shop and ask for one, put it back on and you should be all systems GO.
good luck

wat is this part??? when i join the 2 red wires together the bike turns over but still no spark.. could this be broken or wat??
P1030180Small.jpg

that my friend is your starter solenoid, only affects the electric start system.

1.your ignition coil is black, has 1 high tension spark lead that goes to the spark plug and 2 inputs - and +.
take ur spark plug out and test it on a known coil that works to eliminate the spark plug being faulty.

2.remove you spark plug from engine, test your coil by connecting the high tension spark lead to the spark plug and grounding the metal part of the plug on the cylinder head of the engine, kick the bike over and watch for sparks.

OR

remove coil from engine and put a wire from the negative terminal of a 12v battery to the metal part of the spark plug,
and another negative wire from the negative terminal of 12v battery to the negative terminal on the ignition coil,
tap a positve wire from the positive terminal of the 12v battery on the positve terminal of the ignition coil.
do it repeatdly the quicker the better.
if there is no sign of sparking at the spark plug the ignition coil is stuffed.

3. check with a multimeter the input voltage going into the ignition coil.
if voltage is coming from magneto its alrite.

4. disconect your cdi from wiring harness, test the output voltage of your magneto with a multimeter by placing the 2 electrodes across your 2 or 3 wires coming from the magneto.

Last edited:
I had this problem woukldn't start so i put another CDI on and fixed it maybe try the same CDI as what u have on it.

Latest posts

Back