Chiness Motorcycle 110cc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Piton

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a Chiness motorcycle with 110cc
and max speed I have go with it is between 100 and 110km/h
how can I growth the speed of my motorcycle ?

ps : the max speed at the counter is 120km/h

So if you want a faster top speed you will need to fit a larger front sprocket to it, this is the easiest/cheapest way to do it.
If you currently have say a 15 tooth front sprocket and a 35 tooth rear the maximum speed you can do is about 110km/h @ 8500 rpm.
To increase your top speed,
if you fit a 16 tooth front sprocket then your maximum speed will be about 117km/h @ 8500 rpm
And if you fit a 17 tooth front sprocket your maximum speed will be about 125 km/h @ 8500 rpm
The swap to a 17t front will lose about 20% of your torque taking off which will be quite noticeable, and it'll add extra wear and tear to your clutch (won't last as long), you will be able to go a bit faster in each gear while doing the same rev's as what you are doing now.

The only thing wrong with changing to higher gearing is you will lose torque from your engine, and your scooter may have trouble sitting at the higher top speed if you have incline's and strong wind's etc.
By changing to a bigger front sprocket it give's your bike a higher gear ratio, so it will make the bike accelerate a little slower and might mean you will need slightly more rev's to get moving, but once you are doing over about 20km/h or 3000 rpm's and up it should be fine.

I would just find a sprocket with 1 extra tooth for the front and try that out for a while, they usually cost around $10 AU.
Don't forget you will need to adjust your chain so that it is a little looser to make up for the bigger front sprocket too.

Mate if you can get 100kph+ out of a 110cc your doing well, i wouldn't bother trying for more with that engine. Buying a bigger motor will be cheaper and more reliable than working your current engine

So if you want a faster top speed you will need to fit a larger front sprocket to it, this is the easiest/cheapest way to do it.
If you currently have say a 15 tooth front sprocket and a 35 tooth rear the maximum speed you can do is about 110km/h @ 8500 rpm.
To increase your top speed,
if you fit a 16 tooth front sprocket then your maximum speed will be about 117km/h @ 8500 rpm
And if you fit a 17 tooth front sprocket your maximum speed will be about 125 km/h @ 8500 rpm
The swap to a 17t front will lose about 20% of your torque taking off which will be quite noticeable, and it'll add extra wear and tear to your clutch (won't last as long), you will be able to go a bit faster in each gear while doing the same rev's as what you are doing now.

The only thing wrong with changing to higher gearing is you will lose torque from your engine, and your scooter may have trouble sitting at the higher top speed if you have incline's and strong wind's etc.
By changing to a bigger front sprocket it give's your bike a higher gear ratio, so it will make the bike accelerate a little slower and might mean you will need slightly more rev's to get moving, but once you are doing over about 20km/h or 3000 rpm's and up it should be fine.

I would just find a sprocket with 1 extra tooth for the front and try that out for a while, they usually cost around $10 AU.
Don't forget you will need to adjust your chain so that it is a little looser to make up for the bigger front sprocket too.

complicated method :/ and I don't have the experience to do that
I will tell an expert about your advice to see if he can do that
Thank you very much

Mate if you can get 100kph+ out of a 110cc your doing well, i wouldn't bother trying for more with that engine. Buying a bigger motor will be cheaper and more reliable than working your current engine

I can't for example use turbo to increase speed ?

Last edited:
No they are too dear,
get your part's off ebay etc, i had a look through their price list's and a lot of item's are 3x the normal price

These guys were very helpful as I had a similar problem on my sons 90cc. They helped me a gread deal.

outsidedistributing.com

Hope they can help.

Two posts so far and both promoting the same website, I'll be sure to take anything you say with a grain of salt. Your posts are pretty much the online equivalent of junk mail. If you seriously want to contribute to the forum, set up an introduction thread and let people know you're not a serial spammer

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back