Choices?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

troppo

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm thinking of buying a mini moto after I sell some stuff, I'll probably get about $2500 for the stuff I will be selling and want to get into this growing sport. I'm 31 and 6'3" and about 90 kilos, am I too heavy, too old and too tall for this? :D I like to mountain bike but not as fit as I used to be and this seems a good progression from mountain biking.....

I'm looking at the following bikes, but you read so much about all these different brands I don't know what to think!!??:confused:

Mojo Pro Vert
AGB 29
Thumpstar 10 Hunge
Pitboss Twinspar 125

What features should I be looking for? The Pro Vert has alot of named brand parts like mtb parts hence the price tag. The AGB 29 ProX is new to me but seems like a bargin, would I be better off buying one of these and spending the extra $$ on Taper handle bars, exhaust etc... I will still have to buy a helmet and clothing etc.

Cheers
Troppo

Any help would be greatly appreciated

there is also pitpro, fairly decent bike and u get money to spare http://cgi.ebay.com.au/BR-NEW-2007-...8QQihZ014QQcategoryZ32074QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem or if u want the same thing as the pitpro but dont want to spend that money u could go for a http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-MODEL-13...7QQihZ014QQcategoryZ32074QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

youll be able to ride no probs, just will have to get used to the bikes and the way they handle and feel... one sold by dhz is the one i have, minus the oil cooler and start in any gear as i got an older model!!!

the only KNOCKOFFS to look at would be the thumpy or MOJO the rest are basicaly inferior machine's! or you could go the whole way & buy a 2nd-hand done up CRF50 with all the goods on it but they usally start at $3000 - 8000

the pitboss sounds good, they are a descent bike, what price you been given on it?

Get the Mojo Motovert "Expert"......it's cheaper, lighter, and stronger than the PRO. JMO

thumpstar all the way

hi im 30 6'1'' and bought my thumpstar hunge25 in new condition for $1750 off ebay (yes genuine ones pop up occasionally).no one else even bid!! the best thing is after thrashing it for 3 months it is still good as new.we cant kill it.just fitted a rim lock and michilen tyre couse the valve kept ripping out.love it!!

thumpstar is the bike they all copy but everyone knows a copy is never as good as the original.

Thanks everyone,

No-one commented on the AGB-29 ProX - why not? There seems to be alot of mentioning these bikes! Are they interchangable with other hot up parts like BBR, Two Brothers etc..... The mojo seems expensive for a chromoly frame, Pitboss staff said the aluminium perimeter frame was a better choice for me.

Cheers
troppo

i have been told that they are one of the cheapest manufactured bikes in this catagory

So what do think is the best bike for me?

What kind of bike do you ride?

Am I better off buying a good bike straight off or buying a cheaper one and modifiying as I go...?

Het Troppo,

All these bikes mentioned are good & will suit u.
All depends how much u wanna spend.

Check this mob out, some good qual bikes that are also fast & local.

www.scootoz.com.au

my opinion.. buy something cheap.... so u have the money to make it the way u want it... make it how u want it to handle... and wont have to worry bout blowing a hole in ur wallet

and i have a dhz bike same as pitpro... not the best bike but im fairly happy with it... besides the forks will be fixed soon

Het Troppo,

All these bikes mentioned are good & will suit u.
All depends how much u wanna spend.

Check this mob out, some good qual bikes that are also fast & local.

(I had to delete link - due to I'm new and to be able to reply)

Thanks Vindac,

I've looked at there site before at the Metal Mulisha Troop Carrier bike. I've just been looking at the Braapster 125 Pro, it seems like a good bike for under $2500. What do you think? Pitboss were very keen to sell me a bike a few months ago when I was inquiring, but due to bills etc had to spend the money on them instead of a bike...

Troppo,

I have an AGB-29, I have no problems with it, its just a cheaper made bike then some of the others, but u can do it up using all the brand parts.

If you wanna go fully sik on your bike u might wanna get a more expensive bike, but if u just gonna ride tracks & small jumps & u just startin out, get a AGB- 29.
Just my opinon

Troppo,

I have an AGB-29, I have no problems with it, its just a cheaper made bike then some of the others, but u can do it up using all the brand parts.

If you wanna go fully sik on your bike u might wanna get a more expensive bike, but if u just gonna ride tracks & small jumps & u just startin out, get a AGB- 29.
Just my opinon

Vindac,

I don't want to have to buy another bike down the trial though so I'd rather buy something that can be upgraded or kitted out resonably to start with. The AGB-29 ProX looks like it has quite unique parts like the plastic panels, swing arm etc. The Braapster bike and the pitboss bikes look more like the Honda CRF style bikes. Say I buy a ebay AGB-29 ProX and the engine case cracks, will any mini engine bolt in or do you have to buy a AGB engine?? I read the forums on the Thumpstars and Mojo's and theres always some one bitchin about the opposite brand about problems they have - I though these to brands where some of the leading manufacturers.....:confused:

Vindac,

I don't want to have to buy another bike down the trial though so I'd rather buy something that can be upgraded or kitted out resonably to start with. The AGB-29 ProX looks like it has quite unique parts like the plastic panels, swing arm etc. The Braapster bike and the pitboss bikes look more like the Honda CRF style bikes. Say I buy a ebay AGB-29 ProX and the engine case cracks, will any mini engine bolt in or do you have to buy a AGB engine?? I read the forums on the Thumpstars and Mojo's and theres always some one bitchin about the opposite brand about problems they have - I though these to brands where some of the leading manufacturers.....:confused:

Mate nearly all parts are interchangable, all engines etc.

But if you got the cash buy a thumpstar or motovert and be assured you have bought something of decent quality. Even better buy a KLX110, XR100 or something second hand but maybe 3-4 years old for like $2k and spend 1k on that and you have one good bike.

Latest posts

Back