Choices?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
u might have some problems with the agb rang, as there stud patterns are continuously changing throughout the rang... so maybe looking into a crf styled bike would be better as all parts would be cosmetic

If You Have 2500 to spend go to the fmx Australia web site, and go to 50fun. People always have xr50 and crf50's for sale with the 88cc kit and a few upgrades. They won't let you down, o and yeh thumpstars go stong and i am starting to like the mojo bikes aslong at the oil cooler is tough and you don't snap it off.

oh yeh dont buy a orrion if you got atleast 2000 to spend

Last edited:
Thanks guys,

I'm leaning towards the Braapster Pro atm, but still need to explore the avenues a bit more. Is the Braap crf based? What's the best way to go wheels sizes? 12Front 10Rear or 14F and 12R - whats the difference? What are the advantages and disadvantages? I like the look of the 12F 10R more. Plus I have a Mazda 2 which I'm hoping I will be able to get the bike in the back!?

The Mazda 2? haha, ive got one as a company vehicle, no chance of fitting one in the back without taking the bike apart. Also got a Holden combo as the other vehicle, can fit 2 minis in the back no prob at all, very handy when the ute is not running!

If you had 2500 to spend id recomend the pitboss did you get the quote from a local dealer?, but if you wanted something cheaper like 700 - 1000 range, the agb-29 is a good bike, solid frame and easy to get parts, look how many forum members have these and there is your answer!

The Mazda 2? haha, ive got one as a company vehicle, no chance of fitting one in the back without taking the bike apart. Also got a Holden combo as the other vehicle, can fit 2 minis in the back no prob at all, very handy when the ute is not running!

If you had 2500 to spend id recomend the pitboss did you get the quote from a local dealer?, but if you wanted something cheaper like 700 - 1000 range, the agb-29 is a good bike, solid frame and easy to get parts, look how many forum members have these and there is your answer!

It's the wife's car and a daily driver to work...Damn I thought it would fit!? I'll have to get a towbar and one of those bike racks - there goes the budget...Pitboss Empire are sending me a quote on a 125 Twinspar bike. Mojo Motorcycles are also sending me a quote for a Moto Expert. I still like the Braapster bike aswell for under $2400.

the agb-29 is a good bike, solid frame and easy to get parts, look how many forum members have these and there is your answer!

Yes they look ok and may run good. But look at the problems they are facing, cranga had to get a new engine. Strong frames? i read in the other sections that they were re-inforcing them and people asking where to weld so they dont break/snap. They are a good bike for the money but not the best at all.

I would get the braap or the mojo, i think the new mojo looks better than the 06 thumpstars. Though i don't know about the oil cooler because that's more things that will just snap off or break. those 3 bikes would be the ones 2 consider. The Braap one whatever it was, the Mojo 125 and the Thumpstar 125 or the bigger model.

Those three bikes you should have no problems at all. Built strong and there are parts you can buy for them. good luck with your buying and one quesion are you going to race?

oh and the mojo has alot of good parts so you won't have to upgrade and buy, ei marozi forks and good rear shock and swingarm. Also the bars are Pro taper! hav fun.

as they havent answered your crf based question and wheel size question... the bikes are based on crf... chinese had to copy something to get a bike to look good... as for the wheel size... it depends on what riding your doing, bigger wheels are better for trail riding, getting messy, smaller wheels, well i have 12'' front and 10'' rear on the old bike, and i prefer the 14'' front and 12 rear over it, as i can just do a little more (go through deeper water)

yes what crazzy#1 said, 14 front and 12 rear is a good combo, or 12 front and 12 rear for thumpstars is what i have. The standard thumpstar has 12' front and 10' rear wich makes it harder to ride if you'r not use to it.

yeh most pit bikes are crf50 based as crazzy said, the braapster sounds good but all pit bikes are not bullet proof, even the japanese crfs and things you'r still bound to find a problem.

hay man, i have a gt125x 2006 model and she is killa. yeah i will admit the back swingarm is goofy looking but she is strong as hell, i have been hitting up 40 - 60 foot tabletops with no probs at all, flat landed at 55 feet on top of the tabletop, she was solid as. at $2499 its a bargain as nothing has to be done to it from the crate (baring assembly haha). if down the track you need some more upgrades there all there, the bike will take any crf part from plastics to anything else you can think of. i have had 1 or 2 probs like a broken brake leaver hahaha which is my fault and a dodgey shifting star which was just plain and simply one out of the batch that was shit (pulled my brothers and mates out and they were perfect, only mine was dodgey.)

jump onto www.sadirtbikes.com.au and you can find anything you like there.

Cheers, Tony.

Thanks guys,

I got a quote on the Mojo Expert - $2999 + dealer delivery etc.
Thanks for explaining the wheels sizes to me, I wondered why there was the options, I can understand for Motard but didn't for off road.
As for racing it, at this stage I don't plan on it. I might try Motard as I live near Kembla Grange kart track.

As for the Braaapster bikes see there website.

the gt125x 2006 has got a odd looking swing arm but as bones just said there very strong... have seen vids of these bikes and it was very exilirating... pritty sure bones that you could change the swingarm on it with no propblems

Yeah $3000 + for a Mojo Expert, but probably worth every cent as the Marz shocks are $2500 on there own.... I would consider it but I still have to buy a helmet, knee/shin pads, rack for bike, towbar, gloves and stand etc....

Latest posts

Back