Choke on 30mm Mikuni (DHZ)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glaskins

Reaction score
Hey

Just got my new DHZ 140cc bike today.

Ive put it together and it runs really well, so im happy :)

just wonderin how the choke works??
mine only runs with the choke lever pushed down?? is that correct?? is that the off position??

when in the up postion the bike splutters and eventually cuts out

heres a pic
404 Not Found
you can sort of see the lever in this pic

plz help

i dont wont to damage my new engine or something by running the bike with the choke on

does any1 know the choke positions on a 30mm mikuni carb on a DHZ 140cc??

i think it doesnt just cut off the air to the engine, it dumps more fuel into the engine giving the choke effect.

kenny
why do u think my bike only runs with the choke on then??
even when the engine is hot it still only runs with the choke on

can this damage the engine??

also the bike runs fine when the choke is in the middle

for now should i just run it there??

and take it to a machanic to figure it out

k thanks, prob take up 2 shop tomorrow to get it tuned, cos i know shit all bout tuning. how long would it take and mechanic and would it cost much??

should only take like 5 min shouldnt it???

Baha do it yourself, but i think its fine. Maybe the position it is on is choke off, i have this same carby that came on my 141cc outlaw but changed back to a 26mm mikuni as it doesn't have the restrictive butterfly choke.

the choke lever is definitely down middle is half choke top is full choke if you take the filter of you can see the butterfly and checkfor your self

You are right crazzy. 30mm mikuni is bullshit. Its not. But anyhow glaskins if you take your air filter off and look through the carb and work the lever you will see which is on or off. when the flap covers the hole its on when the flap is flat its off. It aint rocket science so just have a look .

the reason your bike runs with it down is cause that is the off position. The reason it still runs in the middle is cause its only half on.

thx sixeven

thats the best advice so far, i took off the air filter and it turned out the choke was oppisite to what i thought, like some people had already said.

glaskin, measure the diameter of the internal slide and thats the REAL size of the carbi, you'll probly find its a 22mm mikuni copy.

Latest posts

Back