Choppers whats the deal? -off topic

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stav125

Reaction score
Hi all I love watching american choppers and started researching into the cost of maybe building or buying one. That is untill I saw the price tags these things are unbelievable exspensive. These guys are outlaws ie no cash. Anyway just wondered if anybody had any thoughts on this?

they pay for them the same way most bikies do (Dirty money)

but the guys that make 'em get there money from selling them!

i'm not a fan of choppers at all though....

Yeah me neither choppers have crazy handling i dont like it.

Alot of the custom jobs done lately are done for rich (unts who are just after a show quality bike. have more $$ than sense.. if you have the know how its not that hard to make a jig and weld up your own frame.. from there you can get forks either made or imported, a nice set of billet wheels, a nice wide 300 rear end, the lists endless obviously..

To do things on the cheap look at some of the older choppers.. Triumph's are commonly converted to choppers, not as wild as the yanks do them but non the less cool and classical..even old honda 450's?? are common.. keep an eye in jsut bikes for some.. they are often advertised around the 5-6k mark.. but will need a good clean up..

Yeah they are like the peices of shit I was referring to (the ones with the rear harley softail rip off are probably worse). If you ever get the chance to see one up close they are shocking quality. I suppose you really have no place to ride them so it is unlikley to fall apart as quick as it looks like it should.

Last edited:
The real deal ones look pimp. I have never seen a chopper in Australia though? Are they illegal down here?

Youve never seen a chopper in Australia?????? Ive seen a few drivin around...

is that you driving with them riding or you seen them actually "Driving" a chopper :p sorry but you dont "Drive" any motorcycle... lol

oh there is plenty of choppers around, melbourne often has show n shines.. williamstown is popular, as is St andrews pub...:rolleyes:

Yeah you drive a motorcycle, the same as you ride a car and drive horses etc :D

But really, riding is the same thing as driving.

Latest posts

Back