Chris 125 build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SSR-125

Reaction score
Tearing the whole bike down and replacing a lot of things including the motor. Im going with the pister pro 155 ZHO. Pictures and updates soon too come!:cool:

Starting to rip it apart

09FDA21D-F059-4C17-9E15-479AFEA5B62E-2134-000000B055E04490_zps4ac8a392.jpg

i would consider having that frame braced while it's apart, if you are going to keep it.

that last pic is of the bottom air cooling intake,
they are cast quite roughly when the make them.

if you have a look in by the spark plug, you should be able to see the other end of that port
air goes in under the engine when the bike is moving, it then travels through that port and out past the spark plug.
this picks up heat as it goes through and helps to cool the engine

the Fastace would be to ones to go for, but
you need to know what diameter front axle you have, 12mm, or 15mm as the forks suit the latter 15mm axle.
you need to measure your brake caliper lugs on the bottom of your forks, to see if you will need a new caliper to suit the new forks
check the length/diameter on your steerer tube etc

all the measurements are there, so compare it to what you currently have
you can sit your bike up on a frame,
loosen the 1 or 2 side bolts at each end of the upper tripple clamp, this will allow you to slide your top clamp and bars off the forks.
then there should be another nut that locks the steerer tube to the top of the headset bearings.
undo and remove this nut.
the forks should now slide down and out, at least enough to measure things

Has anyone used the fastace ones? Do they look pretty good or are those pister pro ones are better? I like the fastace ones, i need to do some measurements

i think the reason they are half price is that they're not as blingy as the lastest version with the red anodised tops, like these-
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fastace-ALX.../150999822996?pt=US_Forks&hash=item23284a7294

it is mainly the steerer tube length, and the bearing sizes.
and the front axle diameter , 12mm or 15mm

the Fastace forks come with the new matching tripple clamps anyway
another thing too, you will need Fat bars for them as the new forks come with 28mm bar clamps
maybe get some 1 1/8th Pro Tapers, Renthal Fat Bars, Tag fat bars etc

Don't know much about the fast ace one you have listed but the other one is crap, That is the forks that come out on all the cheap bikes and don't last long at all. the gpx black labels would be my most recomended forks, and I think what zwebx posted it from the same factory just cheaper.

just bought a brand new piranha 140 motor that will be here thursday! any recommendations? for instance is their a brake in period? any tips when i bolt in the motor? The problem im nervous about is that i have a 22mm carb mikuni and a bbr pipe.. how should i go about adjusting the carb? leaving stock jets and just bolting on the carb and the bbr exhaust or should i adjust anything before i kick it over the first time? keep stock jets? get a bigger main or pilot? adjust air /fuel? just making sure cause i want the bike to run solid

tbolt recommends to run 10W-40 Petroleum Based (Nonsynthetic) what do you think? how much oil do they take ive read 900 ml but not to sure. i also plan on a oil cooler soon how much oil with that and how much without?

tbolt recommends to run 10W-40 Petroleum Based (Nonsynthetic) what do you think? how much oil do they take ive read 900 ml but not to sure. i also plan on a oil cooler soon how much oil with that and how much without?
800ml is without cooler, anyway read your dipstick the only reason i tell people the Capacity is so they can buy oil without wondering if they will have enough.. either dipstick or the clear view panel on the left to see how much oil you have

oh okay and 10W-40 Petroleum Based (Nonsynthetic) every few rides?

Latest posts

Back