Chris 125 build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
for the kill switch,
look at your loom, is there 2 wires together somewhere, a black w/white stripe and a green ?

if not, it might be easier to link me to the new loom, or a photo of it if you can ?

No, I checked that.. Pictures will be up later on today but it's just a plug as my loom, very different from my SSR motor

i think the pics look like the CDI is a 5 pin,
the middle wire is the kill, it runs to one side of the kill switch, and other side of the switch goes to an earth on the frame..

yeah im pretty sure it is a 5 pin.. Do you know or have an idea, link or something that i can get the right kill switch? It's just i get nervous riding without one just in case lol..

does the new loom have any wires in it spare for the kill switch? if so just strip em and solder togethor with some heat shrink to cover the join... if not you'll have to add a wire into the plug for your cdi then wire your original kill switch into it

look at the plug that goes into the CDI unit,
check out what colour wires goes into the middle kill switch connection, that colour wire should come out on the loom somewhere ?
they are usually a black w/white stripe

my 2 cents on the rev box like everyone else on here says, easier start improvement through all rev ranges.But some more noticeable than others ,eliminates rev limiter go the taki one paired with a taky hyper coil lol

Went on a nice ride today! heres some pictures! I put on a fuel filter rather than a straight line and it seems like the bikes runs better but maybe its just me.. My friend has a 140 thubstar and we were riding today and we took a brake and he shut his bike off. We went to go riding after and it seems as the motor is seized.. you can't kick it over, like it doesnt go down.. i think oil wasnt going somewhere in his engine.. tried pop starting it and that didnt work earthier.. heres some pictures! let me know what you think!
null_zpsffc9b3ad.jpg

null_zps265acb43.jpg

null_zpsc46d64dc.jpg

Nice dude, got her all nice and dirty there ;). whats up with your exhaust clamp in the second pic? looks like its for a bigger muffler? but lookin good bud, with your mate's bike, was it getting hot? may be time for a rebuild :(

Thanks guys! yeah i went for a long ride down in some trails, was a little muddy :b_grind:
The exhaust clamp is like that, its a bracket that i got off ebay.. it holds up perfedct exhaust doesn't move a millimeter or anything like that.. The bbr pipe that i have on their didn't mount of to the stock mounting port so that's why im running the bracket.. it looks weird in the pictures but holding up perfectly!

so.. about my friends situation when he got stranded in the woods finally got the bike to my place.. i took apart the whole bike and head ect.. and saw this lol... recommendations and thoughts.. ?
null_zps3d145ce2.jpg

null_zpsd3247d76.jpg

null_zps852c5512.jpg

null_zps4f010dee.jpg

null_zpse419495e.jpg

null_zps36c98130.jpg

null_zps35ea11b6.jpg

null_zpsb4b2ee61.jpg

null_zpsa359e4dc.jpg

I would be just buying a new motor and burning that.

She's knackered and would cost pretty much the same amount to just get a new one.

You would hate to rebuild the whole top end only to find out the bottom end is flogged out as well.

Yep unoturbo did that to his yx 160 just before he left Australia cost him $350 for the top n $350 for the bottom 3 days later.

Mind you that was parts and super cheap labour from Sean01!:)

She looks well dusted mate!

Last edited:
wow, i wish i could do that to my engine, (touchwood), lol. but yeah mate i would get a new engine and leave it at that. there not really worth rebuildin anyway, and as stated above, the bottom end will probs need doing anyway.

Latest posts

Back