Chrome Dome...

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SGONE

Mini Riders Legend
Reaction score
got my cradle frame back from the chromer's today something different :banana:

IMG_0689.jpg

IMG_0678.jpg

Love the look i just got a VM alloy frame and going to polish the hell out of it i know its not the same but itll be good.

How much did the chroming set you back?

cheers fellas i was skeptical at first but it turned out better than i expected

few more
IMG_0686.jpg

IMG_0685.jpg

Love the look i just got a VM alloy frame and going to polish the hell out of it i know its not the same but itll be good.

How much did the chroming set you back?

expensive $250 and i got a free bottle of chrome care stuff :clap:

hi mate, just trying to be helpfull here but you better check that the frame was treated after the chroming was done.

I know after i got some chrome plating done on my z50 the parts all had to go to a heat treater and get treated for hydrogen embrittlement, basically the plating produces hydrogen in the metal and can easilly crack if not treated properly afterwoods, not many people know about this.

hope this helps and you get many happy years from your shiny new bike.

YEW! That looks SO NICE :D Definitely Different! I really like it

Will be a Sweet Looking Ride

hi mate, just trying to be helpfull here but you better check that the frame was treated after the chroming was done.

I know after i got some chrome plating done on my z50 the parts all had to go to a heat treater and get treated for hydrogen embrittlement, basically the plating produces hydrogen in the metal and can easilly crack if not treated properly afterwoods, not many people know about this.

hope this helps and you get many happy years from your shiny new bike.

thanks for the heads up the plater explained all the embrittlement issue's before i got it done he said it should be fine as only steel with tensile strenght over 1000mpa need be heat treated after plating, 4130 chromoly ranges between 650 - 900 mpa too technical for me but i spose time will tell

41xx steel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hydrogen Embrittlement

Last edited:
i swear you did this like ages ago..... my memory is like all over the show...

anyway very nice so far .... theres one think i hate about chrome... trying to keep it clean!

Latest posts

Back