clarification please...

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

headsmess

Miniriders OG
Reaction score
ahem, coff coff, um, what IS the difference between a crf50 and an xr50?:eek:

besides the label?

sorry, i just ride bikes, i dont obsess over the fine details:eek: if it breaks, its a bad bike, if it can be launched 20 foot and be stacked and roll 12 times and be picked up and ridden with nothing broken,(except that pesky left collarbone) its a good bike...

just wondering... :p they look much the same to me....

thought as much...but im sure someone will be highly offended sooner or later and tell us both off:eek:

ooh, and a qr50? :p

An xr50 is just an early model crf50, they changed the name (and plastics) in like 04 i think. But they are almost identical bikes just with slightly different shaped plastics. You can even put crf plastics on an xr if you really want and vice versa they run pretty much identical dimensions on every part so any aftermarket parts for a crf will fit an xr too.

i know with bigger bikes the XR won't brake as much as the CRF says my dad

yeah only cause in the older xr big bikes they had drum brakes cause they are farm bikes not motorcross bikes the xr50 and crf50 are the same bike just different style plastics and the name

Don't they all run drum brakes unless you change them from stock?

XR and CRF = EXACT SAME BIKE. Every single part is the same. Get an XR switch plastics to CRF and now you have yourself a CRF ha.

Don't they all run drum brakes unless you change them from stock?

are you talkin about 50cc bikes cause im sayin the bigger xr bikes use to run drum brakes like the xr70 and the xr80 xr100 i wasnt talkin about the xr or crf50 just cause the other guy said the only difference is that the crf stops better than the xr but he must of been thinkin about bigger bike cause the xr and crf50 both run drum brakes

The xr50r was introduced into the maket in 2001 and was eventually superseeded by the crf50f in 2004. The early xr's had a darker grey/silver engine paint than the newer crf's as with rubber on the kickstart lever , a full red viynl seat cover with xr or xr50r screeenprinted on them and squarer looking plastics and a one piece rear fender/side plate combo. The crf50 in 2004 featured new plastics and seat , silver sparkley engine paint. 2005 slightly new kickstart design , rubber removed and little traction slits casted in aswell as new graphics. 2006 new graphics , 2007 likewise. 2008 got new graphics aswell as having a carb which had a non adjustable fuel mixture screw. 2009 got a new seat cover and graphics.

All parts between the xr50r and the crf50f are completley interchangable.

Some even go as far as saying the xr50r engines are more reliable as the crank was forged from better materials and even very slightly larger valves and seating. Not sure how true this is but I've herd it a few times , I've had both a xr50r motor and a crf50f motor , now I got a combo of both.

are you talkin about 50cc bikes cause im sayin the bigger xr bikes use to run drum brakes like the xr70 and the xr80 xr100 i wasnt talkin about the xr or crf50 just cause the other guy said the only difference is that the crf stops better than the xr but he must of been thinkin about bigger bike cause the xr and crf50 both run drum brakes

Yeah I meant the 50. Was going to say, is there are CRF50R or something that I'm not aware of? lol. :D

Did you sell your 50 Steve?

cool...same bikes... i know the bigger sizes are different. cr being a 2 banger for moto/supercross, crf the four banger "eco friendly" newbies, xr being the four banger for motocross and trail riding, and xl being the road ready version...

but now i know my 50s:)....

except the qr50...whats that? i think i recall it was shaft drive perhaps? like the pee wees?

Yeah a QR50 is Honda's version of a PW50 basically. First bike i ever owned was a QR50 haha when i was a little kit, they suuck!

Latest posts

Back