clunking noise? unable to push in neutral lifan 125

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimoSS

Reaction score
hey Guys, I have an older model pitpro 125cc with the 1p54FMI lifan engine in it.. I have just had to replace the stator magneto in it due to the chain snapping and snapping the magnet off in front of the front sprocket.. anyway now i have replaced it, the bikes engine/gear box makes a clunking noise under load and i cant push it in neutral when the bike is not running.. so i was just wondering if anyone could tell me if it is my clutch or whole engine or box is cactus?

hi, i have a simillar, problem. When i accelerate in second gear it clunks heaps. Today when i was riding i lost my second gear. mayb it is stripped or something???

I can push it in neutral though, so sorry i dont know bout ur problem...

Sounds like busted off gear teeth since the counter shaft rotates when the bike is pushed in neutral and none of the dogs are engaged ... My goose of a brother (45 years old) did the same thing to his Loncin 110 ... He was chucking donuts in 2nd gear when his chain (which was too loose) jumped off and bunched up at the front ... smashing the flywheel cover and the pickup off the stator ... In the process the motor locked dead instantly ... He fixed the stator and flywheel cover only to find that the tranny was locking up ... On tear down he found several teeth busted off second gear ...

Cheers fellas i thought it mite be my transmission, looks like im up for a new motor haha

Drain the oil and check for metal parts ... Then tip some petrol or kero in the sump and shake it around then tilt the engine to direct any loose gear teeth towards the drain plug hole ...

Latest posts

Back