clutch arm to close to engine mount

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TDR

Reaction score
hey i got bit of a prob i just bought a new gpx 125cc engine and the clutch arm is to close to the engine mount and will hit the engine mount when i use the clutch

the engine is in a perimeter frame

does any one know how i could modify it to make it not close to the mount or can you adjust the clutch arm
Pictures:
b3mxdv.jpg

30wl0sy.jpg

thanks for your time

yeah, youl find most people just bend the arm up so it misses the frame and then bent up the cable mount bit too

can i see an example.... i no what you mean i just wanna see it in a picture if possible

cheers Andrew

iv seen the arm bent upwards and also shortened, but it can make your clutch a little harder to pull in.

do you know any frame mods that can be done my dad said hill cut of the mount and make new one so its out of the way

or is there a easier way?

looks like a steel frame so shouldnt be that hard to mod the mount..

your frame mount looks to be out further compared to any other perimeter frames iv seen before so bending or cutting the lever may not work

ok cool and yeh its steel

thanks for the info mate

Check my build thread.

Yes it seems that the mount is a little wider than on mine. I bent my clutch arm up a little and then modified the cable mount to suit. I have also heard about grinding and welding the arm 90 degrees so it pulls towards the centre of the bike.

Yeah i know i would bend it but my mounts are a lot different for example:

mine are on the outside of the frame but have a tube coming to the inside so if it was flat on the inside going straight down it would work fine

and also grinding welding 60 sounds good but what about the bracket that holds the cable still.
would you have to move that?

if you got a cradle mount ( holds the engine in from the peg mount holes) i would grind your engine mount down till it clears . with a cradle it wouldn't have to be a super strong mount

Latest posts

Back