clutch blowout

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ducar.r.spec

Reaction score
ok havent got time to right up everything but basically i blew my clutch basket apart on sunday
piccies:
DSC00234.jpg

DSC00235.jpg

DSC00236.jpg

Wow your moded bike must have like 36.8hp. That is a huge blowup, how exactly did it happen. Just drop the clutch on grippy ground ? MAKE sure you clean your whole motor, i'd go as far as two or three oil changes in the first 10 min of riding again.

140cc clutch complete only a few hours use $15 + postage if you need it. (more custom parts *wink*) should fit your motor start in any gear?

Last edited:
believe it or not this happened on dirt lol
i didnt even drop the clutch but i had been doing burnouts earlier
dosent matter got another clutch in:)

That can quite easily happen due to the centrifugal force created by spinning the clutch at high crank speeds ..... it can also happen very quickly with an IRK or high RPM Cam fitted to a non kick in gear motor ....... reducing flywheel weight also reduces the damping of harmonic vibrations which cause metal fatigue .... high frequency vibrations actually cause metal to crystallize ....... so it doesn't matter how good of an alloy a crank or clutch is made of or how expensive it costs ..... it won't survive too long if exposed to constant harmonic buzz ......

High revving drag cars are required to have an explosion proof steel scatter shield bell housing and explosion proof steel flywheel or auto transmission scatter blanket plus a specially approved explosion proof certified steel harmonic balancer .......

Aircraft are made of premium materials with NO expense spared ... but read up on high frequency vibrations and see what they say :

FM 1-514 Chptr 1 - Principles of Helicopter Flight

http://www.secoperformance.com/Tech_Corner_April.htm

Latest posts

Back