Clutch Issues

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big_gus

Reaction score
First of all,
gday to everyone.
My names Gus, im a Brissy based bloke,
i own a Small Wheel Deals 125cc Pit Bike,
ive put a bit of work into it since i bought it (she was pretty tired i must say) but now i have her looking pretty shmick (got red CRF Plastics on it now :D )

ISSUES!
i recently had a stream, no, torrent of oil coming out from the dust cover on the clutch side of the engine (its a lifan 125cc air cooled)

i pulled the cover off to see that the seal had been pushed out. i went investigating to see why this woulda happened, and it turns out a breather hose was full of dried mud, so i blew it out, put the seal back in and BAM! all better.

QUESTION!
ever since these repairs, my bike has been very difficult to get into Neutral unless you change gears whilst you are rolling, and when the bike is in first gear with the clutch in, it creeps forward.
clutch adjustment seems to be the clear option, but is there anything more sinister going on?

im not to bad mechanically with cars and the like, but since im new to bikes, i thought id ask around and see what everyone thinks.

any ideas lads and ladies? :D

clutch adjustment is the only option..

the mechanism behind the dust cover can be adjusted but make sure you leave free play so the clutch doesnt ride/slip.
and also so goes for the clutch lever adjustment, just make sure there is a tiny bit of free play..

failing that you would need to pull the clutch out and clean and inspect it.

First of all,
gday to everyone.
My names Gus, im a Brissy based bloke,
i own a Small Wheel Deals 125cc Pit Bike,
ive put a bit of work into it since i bought it (she was pretty tired i must say) but now i have her looking pretty shmick (got red CRF Plastics on it now :D )

ISSUES!
i recently had a stream, no, torrent of oil coming out from the dust cover on the clutch side of the engine (its a lifan 125cc air cooled)

i pulled the cover off to see that the seal had been pushed out. i went investigating to see why this woulda happened, and it turns out a breather hose was full of dried mud, so i blew it out, put the seal back in and BAM! all better.

QUESTION!
ever since these repairs, my bike has been very difficult to get into Neutral unless you change gears whilst you are rolling, and when the bike is in first gear with the clutch in, it creeps forward.
clutch adjustment seems to be the clear option, but is there anything more sinister going on?

im not to bad mechanically with cars and the like, but since im new to bikes, i thought id ask around and see what everyone thinks.

any ideas lads and ladies? :D

exacly the same thing that has happened it my jialing

"is it a start in gear or netrual start???"

Neutral mate.

"clutch adjustment is the only option..

the mechanism behind the dust cover can be adjusted but make sure you leave free play so the clutch doesnt ride/slip.
and also so goes for the clutch lever adjustment, just make sure there is a tiny bit of free play..

failing that you would need to pull the clutch out and clean and inspect it. "

thanks mate.

i have a fair idea of how to adjust the clutch behind that dust cover, however.
which way should i turn the nut that is on the shaft?
and how much movement is good/bad?

thanks mate :D

Wrong.. The nut on both the clutch and flywheel shaft (Which are the same shaft, Crank shaft/ Cam shaft) are both right -hand thread. The thread inside of the flywheel is left-hand thread.

to adjust the clutch adjustment screw it is normal thread.. ie.. clockwise to tighten..
the clutch adjustment mechanism should have about 2-3mm play

Latest posts

Back