clutch problems...need some info please

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spoonta68

Reaction score
hey peoples and mx :p

i have been testing the yx 160 out and have hit a problem which is causing a slipping feeling in 3rd and 4th but i just didnt feel right

i just pulled the clutch cover casing off and disassembled the clutch face hat and im not shore if this is the way its ment to be
the centre shaft section has movement and looks to have cracks and seems to be brocken away from the actual item

please give advice

regardsP4130190.JPGP4130191.JPGP4130192.JPG

slipping on the inner peice? common problem and stupid design.. replace the basket

yeah its the first peice to slide out after i removed the springs thats sits on top of the clutch and friction plates
sorry bout my lame understanding but this will casue slipping?

the clutch hub alloy casting does look a bit porous around the cast iron splines.
can you see the fine gaps, where the alloy meets the steel move, when you put it on the shaft and wobble it?
it might be letting the hub sit back closer into the basket, this would take pressure off the clutch springs.
so yeah, i'd be replacing the clutch.

yeah it does move exsessivly when mounted and unmounted...i can move the centre spline section back forward and slightly turn it aswell

whats the best combo for a yx160 with oil slinger?

from wat i counted it was 67 or 66 lol
why do you ask?

the engines' not a Z160HO is it ?
5 plate clutch or 6 ?

the earlier ones had a 69T, and the newer ones have the 67T.
it gives you a better drive ratio off the crank that's all.

just went and counted it again
definetly 67T and its a yx160 with 5 plate clutch
what are my options as far as replacment clutch packs from dhz as i counted the one for a yx160 and its 69t
can i run the 160ho clutch?

also am i restricted to the 67t on my engine or can i use the 69t?

that TB clutch sounds too cheap, i'd be ringing them and asking to make sure it's right and fits

to change to the 69t, you need to change the gear on the crankshaft as well, but i'd be keeping the 67T setup

so that lifan clutch pictured on other page will do it?
does the size change in the removable cog on back of basket?
as mine isnt damaged or worn

it will do it but its only 5 -plate.. may even slip a little.
just get the 6 plate replacement or a billet basket or something..
you cant use the old get off your old one because thats the problem its slipping on the gearbox shaft...

ive got the kevlars out of the screwed basket but think the spings are ****ed so ill grab some from classic 50's
ringing that joint bout the billet tommoz for a special motor been built by firepower for me

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back