clutch setup - am I missing something??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ash.onmtb

Reaction score
YX motor, 140 in a pitpro.

Had a wafty clutch for as long as I can remember, so I've pulled it down to have a look. To explain it simply, the barrel adjuster on the lever is wound out as far as it will go, and the barrel adjuster near the cluch (outside the casing) is also maxxed out. Almost like the cable has stretched waaaaay too much. But I don't think thats it...?!

On the inside of the casing is the little cast plug that gets pushed out when the lever is pulled, then the spring loaded clutch pushes it back in. Is there anything that goes between that, and the bearing that sits on the outside of the clutch pack? Its like the little pin needs to be pushed further, or start further out?

Any thoughts that might help? Has anyone else stretched the clutch cable so far that the adjusters no longer work? Do I have any other options, or do I have to ghetto it to work? Whats the go with Hydralic clutches?

Sorry for the questions, hope ya'll can help.

nope there is nothing between that plunger thing and the bearing.

i have had issues like yours in the past, what i done was put both the nuts on the same side on the adjuster at the engine. gives you more room to adjust up..

so we call it cable stretch by any other name...

do I have any other options? I was thinking about changing the wire to a non ended one (just a lead end on the lever end, then running a pinch bolt arrangement to hold it tight at the motor end.

Latest posts

Back