clutch wont work

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redbaron199

Reaction score
i got my pitpro 125rr last night put it all together and the clutch wont work.. it feels like its working when i pull on it but when i put it in 1st and hold it in the wheel wont spin freely.. i have ajusted the cable and can work out why its not working

is the motor running while your doing this? my guess is no
just adjust the cable freeplay put it in neutral and start it up, if its the first time you have started it just let it idle for about 2 min with just giving it light throttle blips then sit on it pull the clutch and and hold the front brake on (just in case) then click it into first, if bike doesn't stall then your clutch is working fine. Remember these are a WET clutch which means they won't work properly if they don't have oil on them.

yes just as spoon said. these are wet clutches and will not work until they are wet. starting the motor in neutral and letting it run for 2min approx. allows the oil to circulate around the motor/gearbox and wet the clutch. then engage 1st gear (with the clutch in) and see what happens.
if you have any more dramas let us all know :)

thanks guy easy problem went for a ride b4 i read that and she started working.. although when holding clutch in when in gear while going it revs to hard? probably something simple i have missed

thats good to hear mate. just check over everthing else and she will be sweet. dont forget to change your oil from the run-in oil to 20w50 once you have run through a couple of tanks

When you havn't started the bike and it is cold, it wont roll with the clutch in.

It happens with my mates thumpstar, my MSO, my mates no name, my mates atomik AND my RM

just wanting to clarify what your asking there redbaron199, the bike is idling to high when you are stopped and have the clutch pulled in but still in gear? does the idle drop when you kick it into neutral?

if your riding and then you pull in the clutch its supposed to rev higher

when you pull in the clutch to change gears just back off the throttle a little bit.

i think what your trying to say is that when moving along at pace and you pull the clutch in and cut the throttle the idle is alot higher then when it is stopped? making you think that the clutch is not disengaging properly. If this is what you are indeed talking about i think you will find it will be because the gears in the gearbox are still spinning and as the gearbox clutch plates are spinning past the engine clutch plates with the oil squished between them they will pick up the motor idle a bit. I wouldn't worry about it if it was you. If it is however picking up alot then you may have an issue.

Hi, I have a 2011 DHZ DPRO 160cc (pitsterpro z160ho engine) And I'm having a similar problem...I'm using a mineral based SHELL engine oil. What happens is I start up the bike in Neutral, hold in the clutch and click up to 1st. As soon as i do this the bike stalls. So I'm guessing the clutch just isnt engaging which would mean even when holding in the clutch in first gear the bike stals because the clutch isnt really being engaged. The bike is only about 3 weeks old and has been ridden for about 2 hours tops until the clutch ****ed up. When the engine is not running and the bike is in first the bike doesnt roll. When I hold the clutch in, in 1st the bike rolls but I have to push it really, really hard! I have tried adjusting the cable at the lever and at the engine but i think it is an internal problem? Can someone please help me with this problem?

Hi, I have a 2011 DHZ DPRO 160cc (pitsterpro z160ho engine) And I'm having a similar problem...I'm using a mineral based SHELL engine oil. What happens is I start up the bike in Neutral, hold in the clutch and click up to 1st. As soon as i do this the bike stalls. So I'm guessing the clutch just isnt engaging which would mean even when holding in the clutch in first gear the bike stals because the clutch isnt really being engaged. The bike is only about 3 weeks old and has been ridden for about 2 hours tops until the clutch ****ed up. When the engine is not running and the bike is in first the bike doesnt roll. When I hold the clutch in, in 1st the bike rolls but I have to push it really, really hard! I have tried adjusting the cable at the lever and at the engine but i think it is an internal problem? Can someone please help me with this problem?

mate you really need to start a new thread, and make it easier to read..
pics help too..

Latest posts

Back