CNC Swingarm 'Gull Arm' Whats your opinion?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this designed by a man in China GUANGZHOU and it looks strong we made 20 bikes with this frame and swing arm . i still have two frames like this in shop but now it is with dust

Yeah , what puts people off them is the short wheel base which is no good for hard acceleration or sliding corners ........

The Pitster X2's and GT bikes with the dopey banana swingarms would have put a hell of a lot of people off the "gull wing" type of arm ....... You'll have to find a few "gullible" suckers to buy them .... :p

Wasn't that a Motovert Expert frame ? Which looks very similar to the one this thread is about and is basically a Pitster type twin pipe frame made in alloy ........

snappedmotovertExpertframeTJRussell.jpg

I just noticed that the top tube was previously cracked nearly all the way around !!!!! The dark coloured parts are old and the light coloured parts are fresh .......... you can see where the lower tube tried to hang on but got stretched too far then let go in one clean break .......

snappedmotovertExpertframeTJRuss-1.jpg

The video (it copped a pounding though) :

YouTube - MOTOSnap!! 125!

Also check out what BBR says about welding broken alloy frames in this link under ... # CAN YOU PUT MOTOR X INTO CHASSIS Y? It's the absolute honest truth .......

BBR Motorsports, Inc - Browser Support Page

Nah thats Scott Curry's expert, TJ snapped the pro.

Where did it break ? If it broke anywhere in the middle then it's because they're either not heat treated or they're made from cast crap ....... LOL .......

Where did it break ? If it broke anywhere in the middle then it's because they're either not heat treated or they're made from cast crap ....... LOL .......

I THINK it was at the front behind the head tube, not sure though.

Well that's OK then ....... I still stand behind the Motovert Pro frame as being the BEST alloy pitty frame design I've seen yet ....... TJRussell was giving it a really good workout over the jumps ....... and he stacked it upside down .... the handlebars digging into the ground puts tons of unnatural force on the welds behind the steering head .....

Any frame that breaks along the middle of the back bone is inadequately designed ...... if the rider can bail and drop from the same height and not break a single bone then the frame should also not break .... :)

This is what I've always known can happen to the welded alloy swingarms (in the link below) ..... that's why I bought two solid alloy BBR type swingarms off DHZ ... also read what the welders say about any bike with alloy frames ... even JAP MX bikes break frames and swingarms and they need to be re heat treated after the repair job .....

X4 Swingarm Damage????????? - Planet Minis

bumb, because i wanna know if you can buy them alloy frames from the 05 thumpster in aus?

they dont exist anymore

but i know ed at ciniworx has some of his 06 billet frames in stock and i thnk there similar

i'll check up for ya

they dont exist anymore

but i know ed at ciniworx has some of his 06 billet frames in stock and i thnk there similar

i'll check up for ya

thanks man, manly after a price as im thimking about building a 88limo, just after some prices ect.

Latest posts

Back