Compression/rebound

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bournie

Reaction score
Ok guys so I know this isnt about mini's but i thought this to be the best place to put the post

I'm wondering what would be the best way to set up my suspension rebound/compression clicker wise
I weight about 55 kg, 04 yz250f, and riding enduro and the surface/ terrain goes from soft to hard to soft to hard to rocky to sand. so its extremes
Whats roughly the best way
I like a soft ride :)

i dont think anyone can answer this but yourself..

everyones bike is different, just different fork oil alone would change the settings, same as the rear spring..

but one thing i can say is if you do weight 55kg's then you will need a lighter rear spring and definitely an oil change up from

High or low rebound? you seem new to all this, but you ride a yamaha, so I will let you off this once.

rebound is described by Fast and Slow. when you wind the clicker anti clockwise (out) your rebound gets faster, which means that the fork/shock will extend to its natural length faster, and the opposite if you screw it in(clockwise). when i ride enduro Its usually flat out, sweeping corners and whooped and rutted sections. so I like my compression on the softer side, and the rebound a little quicker than normal, because I am hitting the bumps so fast. and i ride a yz450f and weigh 75kgs. I have valved the suspension and have a lighter spring on the rear and std fork springs. so really in the end, my advice could be all wrong for you.

so take it or leave it, but if you could tell me how your bike is reacting to your riding, I could help ya more.

cheers
westy.

Ok cheers, I meant hard asin fast and slow asin soft
But that helped alot
Cheers + reps heading your way
and also to sean

and at that weight, as sean said, you will definately need lighter springs, front and rear, and lighter oils. and with that, setting your race sag will be ever so important.

Latest posts

Back