Computer virus help

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I_THUMP

Reaction score
Im having some issues on a computer with an annoying virus called 'Total Security'. Does anyone know how to get rid of it? The computer has Avast anti virus and Spyware terminator but neither of them remove the virus. I dont know too much about computers so I just thought id run it past you all here to see if any of you could point me in the right direction on which program I can use to remove it. There seem to be a lot of programs out there that claim to fix the problem but I dont know which one to trust.
Should I just take it to someone to sort it out or is it easy enough to do it myself?

is this the one?

8197_1250493856.png

more info would help, what are the symptoms? do you know where it came from? how did you find out it was a virus and was called "total security"?

a couple good programs to prevent stuff like this are spybot S&D and AdAware

Last edited:
Malwarebytes' anti malware. is a top performer too. i'm with dvdrip too on spybot s&d good solid performers.

i've recently had some issues along those lines but mine were worms in the dllhost.exe and svchost.exe system files and they were hell to remove eventually a full format and re-install was needed, i may even still have the dllhost issue or have got it again but these progs should take care of it... according to my bro who is THE Guru, fixed all my issues of the past few days in less than 10mins.

Thanks for all the info fellas, I will check it all out today and see what I come up with.

DVDrip thats the exact thing in the pic you posted. It keeps popping up telling me I am unprotected and have heaps of bullshit viruses. Amazingly though I can pay to get their program and it will rid me of these viruses :p. Why the hell would I pay money to a company that has infected my computer with their spam, are they serious?

ok, once you get this virus figured out... IMO id save all the stuff you want of it and give it a format. also stay of the interent, your computer will just get more infected...

It will save you lots of doosh if you just format it... (own experiances)

spybot and ad ware are only good for small 'cookies' infections etc (thats what iv found anyway)

any spy ware/virus detection software you get for free will not 100% protect your computer...

Norton Internet Security 09 set you back $50 for a year or cheaper on ebay... (dodgy copy)

iv used norton for the past 4-5 years and still waiting for a problem...

They update there definitions every hour or so if i remember correctly. i subcribed for another 2 years just the other day and they also offer great support!

anyway theres a couple of options.

I get about 30 calls a week for this kind of virus, at least 5% have already paid !!!

I can imagine how many unsuspecting people think its all legit so they should buy this program to solve the problems their computer issues.

stop looking at pr0n sites :)

LOL I hope that computer hasnt been used for that type of thing recently as its only been used by my 6yo nephew. All he does is look at Ben 10 websites and things like that but he will click on any link that pops up if it looks of interest to him so im guessing he clicked a link to download this virus.

On the other hand if it was my main computer then yes you may be right :p

Well I got it all sorted now, the virus is gone (I think) and I have updated all the programs so hopefully that doesnt happen again. It was actually easier than I thought it would be to get rid of so im glad I wasnt too much of a hassle. Thanks to everyone for your help and advice and thanks to no_crf50_here for his email.

+Reps to you all ;)

Cheers

Latest posts

Back