Con rod lengths, how many different ones are there for chinas?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put up some pics of the finished port job in my gallery if anyone wants to check it out. Pm me if you need a head done!

Quote from an Email from a mate in Thailand

Well, the problems are nothing is a great fit for what we have. Firstly the crank.... There is no easy crankshaft conversions available. Honda crank is the closest but finding 56 OD bearings to suit the small 20 ID honda cant be obtained.
Crankpins are another matter however. You can use typical Honda offset crankpins in these, with choice of 94,97,100 or 103mm conrods. The difference is the width of the conrod big end is 16mm with the honda 14mm. A couple of washers seems to be all thats needed and has been done in a fair few 150/160's. The reliabilty issue is rediculous though. They never last because the cranks cant hold out even with weird and wonderful crankconversions that have been made that we hear about.
So it would be best to keep it relatively tame!

I checked the compression, I would have to machine about 1.7mm off the head to get the comp up to about 11:1. No good. Instead, I got the chamber welded up so now I need to take much less off it :) It now has a nice squish band on either side to. This engine should be a winner!

Last edited:
have you had the seats cut yet?

reason i ask is tht usually welding the chamber loosens the seat inserts and makes them fall out or spin...

nice looking job tho...

The seats had been cut, they'll need to be hit with the syncro stones again most likely. I haven't checked them yet. The extra metal was added a little bit at a time without getting the head to hot so I'm hoping the inserts are still tight.

Hey, I got word from my trusty bearing supplier, he has the crank bearings we are after but they are 16 mm wide, not 15mm. $30 each. Still on the trail of the exact ones 56x22x15

The only thing better than a new mill, is the knowhow to run it
Well done. Im happy too :) very cool indeed.
Now when I want some machinin done I will not have to face the boys at the machine shop, all laughing, calling me a DH, for working on "pissy little ****ters", and charging me a fortune to do bugger all.

Latest posts

Back