Cops On The Prowl

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darb110

Reaction score
Been pissing people in the neighborhood off as it seems alot atm and its seems alot of people are riding 50s in launie and getting seen and complained about and there was an article in todays paper the heading saying:
Mini-bikes not for use on streets​

it mentioned a couple of things one being that our loverly mini bikes are not toys and they may seem as a great presant but parents are told to think twice be4 but a "mini style" bike or "pocket rocket".

the big part of the article that hit was that the cops are able to get a warrant, come to your house and seize your fiddy without even seeing you ride it. with just a neighbor seeing you and complaining the cops can come to your joint and take your baby! GRRR then you wouldnt be able to receive the bike back until the court proceedings were delt with which said could take several months!

it was kind of funny case me and my mates in the neighborhood could see the whole article being directed straight at as =D

this is the first ive really heard of this and its gunna f**k me over seeing as though im ride no where near 500m from any house!

what do you guys think of this, obviosly crap but give me some thoughts...

dont know about the warrant thing it seems like crap but i'd take it easy for a while just in case

stay out of trouble

yes indeed id be going skitz too =P it wouldnt leave my locked garage =P

yes thats the thing =P havnt rode round out the back in ages, good two weeks
last ride i had was last night we but em all on the trailer and went out the the silverdome and cruised round there =D that was fun!

I'd take some of what was described with a pinch of salt. The thing is that you shouldn't be riding them on the road or in parks and such. If you're going to do the crime be prepared to do the time. It's the same as when I take the GSXR thru the Nasho, I know I'm speeding and yeah it's a bastard when you're busted but that's life.
The thing that really pisses me off is the idiots riding round without at least a helmet on. THAT IS A REALLY DUMB (insert string of bad words here) TO DO. It's stupid, senseless and selfish. Think about what happens if ya come off and do some major damage to your head, you expecting your family to look after you.

Enough of my rant.

Yeah I'm an old bastard and I've been there and done that and got the limp to prove it.

If everyone stopped riding minis on the road we might have a better rep.....
nuf said

yeh protection is a big thing on these things and yeh i do wear a helmet when i go out, just incase may aswell have you skid lid on...

but well all we need is a good legal spot to ride then the cops and other wouldnt have this problem

depends if ya next door neighbors complain and if u keep doin it after that they may i spose

look this is it, if you are 500 meters away from and house then your fine, cops cant touch you but when your within 500mters of a house and they complain then the cops can start whippin out the fines...
can depend on the cop you get and how many times you do it really but that doesnt mean you wont get fined or atleast cought by the cops

yeh ill scan the article last on tonight and chip her up for yas ;)

If your in your own yard and riding at reasonable hours they cant touch you and even if they tryed the worst they can have you on is a noise complaint

The administration of laws regulating trail bikes is shared between the Queensland Police and Council. The Queensland Police regulate all matters relating to the illegal riding of trail bikes on roads, parks and other public places including unlicensed and unroadworthy trail bikes.

The Queensland Police also have powers under the Police Powers and Responsibilities Act 2000 to respond to nuisance complaints concerning noise from trail bikes. This legislation allows the Police to:
• Seek confiscation of bikes from repeat offenders
• Restrict bike use eg. Time, place and manner
• Serve 48 hour noise abatement orders
• Seize bikes for 48 hours if noise abatement orders are breached

Also, amendments allow Police to act upon trailbike nuisance complaints, enter properties in order to investigate complaints and consider introducing penalties for the trespass onto private, state owned or Council land. Council has responsibility for enforcing the provisions of the Town Planning Scheme as they relate to the establishment and construction of racetracks. Before you carry out works on your property, you must ensure you comply with the Town Planning Scheme.

The Queensland Police have responsibility to enforce and investigate illegal trail bike riding on private and public land whereas the Council has responsibility to investigate breaches of the Town Planning Scheme. Where to ride your trail bike It is illegal for a person to ride a trail bike in a park, easement, field or any other open space. There are various organisation and facilities in and around Brisbane that cater for trail bike riding. Refer to the reverse side of this fact sheet for more information on where you can legally ride. It is also illegal to permit noise or dust from a trail bike being ridden on private land to cause a nuisance.
Tips on avoiding upsetting your neighbours.

Trail bikes can be extremely noisy, particularly 2-stroke models. The best way to avoid a complaint
being lodged with Council or the Police is to ensure your bike complies with the relevant noise standard.

Maintain open communication with your neighbours. If your neighbour feels they can raise an
issue with you, they will more often than not talk to you instead of calling the police. Remember what you do on your property affects other people so please be considerate.

Responsibilities
Trail bike riders are responsible to ensure they comply with the relevant laws. Where a rider is a minor, the responsibility rests with the parent or guardian. To assist you with finding a suitable area to ride your motorcycle legally.

I love google... hope it relates

I've been waiting for this thread so many people ride there bikes down the main rode and flog them along the creeks DON'T ruin it for other i still want to be able to ride the 800m to the paddocks to go ridden I'm sure most people will agree

I ride down the grass strip to the bottom of my street (500m) to where i can ride, Going down the street i leave it in thrid an idle down, never ripup the grass or hoon, havn't hand any problems *yet*

Ive been riding where I am now for 2 years and all the nieghbours ride too but now some bastard has baught the paddock next door and is building there and we all hate him.

We ride all the time so it'll be interesting to see what happens.

Ive had about 100 complaints from people and never had a visit from the cops or anything yet.

well thats the thing, i pop her out onto the rode and just cruise up to where i ride and thats probbly 150m on the road just to get where i have to go to ride but even that where we ride it isnt 500 but where randoms come up and start doing burnouts and sh8t thats wat pisses ppl off up my way, thats when we have trouble... i dunno its so hard to do the right thing with em but i do try =P

that statement up there is by the Queensland Police and Council... so thats just queensland covered but see im down in tassie and maybe things are differnt?

yer thats what i hate, people hooning around and doing burnouts and stuff near peoples places, they just get mini riders a bad name, as for me i have to ride on the road to get to one place i ride(its a big hill with trails all around it and stuff in the bush) down the road, just of the side of the road and idoling speed, i live like out the back away from town and most the people in my street ride bikes, but there is just one dude that has to hate us, and every1 in your street just thinks his a total d**khead. but yer i havent had any complaints , but i still tell my friends to ride responsibly so we dont wreck what good riding areas we have here, i respect good riders..not idiot ones, i think most of u agree with me?

Latest posts

Back