Correct Sag?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitch_cats

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
What is the correct sag for a midsize pitty (dpro 140 to be exact), or does it vary for each bike. Ive read in a few places its a third of the swing arm travel but is that, just say, the static sag is 99cm (i know its not i but im not good with fractions) then race sag should be 33cm or is it one third of the entire swing arm travel will no wheel and shock.

Thanks Mitch

it varies from bike to bike and even rider to rider...

theres 2 settings in sag.. one where the bike has no rider and the second being when the rider sits on the bike...

read this and the links down bottom to understand it a bit more...
(very basic) Welcome! - SUSPENSION TUNING SECRETS!
Tips And Hints For Motocross Suspension Setup
Sag And Spring Rates - Check If They're Right For Your Dirt Bike

one thing ill mention tho, if your trying to setup NON adjustable suspension throw your tools in the tool box now, it will ever work. as non adjustable suspension requires the correct spring rating and oil thickness to even get 50% close.

buy fully adjustable forks and shock and then the battle is 50% won...

Ok, thanks once again sean.

Would it help if i told you my weight and what the race sag and static sag are at at the moment?

Last edited:
wouldnt help me at all lol, you have the bike and you have the full suspension travel measurements.
its up to you to calculate what you need..

Latest posts

Back