Council says DB limit is 5db! email and discuss*title edited*

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
brushcutter of 91db is TWICE as loud as one of 88 db...
so 5 db is almost FOUR times louder than whatever the deadbeat council deems 'background noise' probaby 70db...
sound intensity drops off by distance as well.

biggest issue is neighbors really. some are compete buttwipes...why cant i play my stezza at 3am? sometimes a mans home is not his own at all...sorta like council rules on what colour you can paint your house or what fence you can build and and and what we need is less killjoys in this world and we would all be happy.

haha ive had this problem before used to live in the bush on about 40 acres and we had this f... of a neibour who would sook every time we rode our bikes around and his actions ended up being louder he had air raid sirens and shit like that one day me and some mates rode down to our dam for a swim an here he is on the other side of the fence shouting how do you like it now revving the guts out of a chain saw he also used to walk around fireing a shot gun in the air so we went to the cops about that cause we had it on video and he had his guns and licence taken off him
served him right he also had a sign out the front that had motor bike diturbe the peace and quiet so we riped that out and swaped his sign for one that said
i like motor bikes come ride in my property haha i got done for that tho was well worth it tho the judge kinda laughed at it but still got a 6 month good behaviour bond for tresspassing

that is the best story, wht a w@nker seriously you could bearly here a bike with a gap of 40 acers and the sign thats gold, hows? your good behaviour coming along??

What is a decibel, and how is it measured?

The decibel (abbreviated dB) is the unit used to measure the intensity of a sound. The decibel scale is a little odd because the human ear is incredibly sensitive. Your ears can hear everything from your fingertip brushing lightly over your skin to a loud jet engine. In terms of power, the sound of the jet engine is about 1,000,000,000,000 times more powerful than the smallest audible sound. That's a big difference!
On the decibel scale, the smallest audible sound (near total silence) is 0 dB. A sound 10 times more powerful is 10 dB. A sound 100 times more powerful than near total silence is 20 dB. A sound 1,000 times more powerful than near total silence is 30 dB. Here are some common sounds and their decibel ratings:

• Near total silence - 0 dB
  • A whisper - 15 dB
  • Normal conversation - 60 dB
  • A lawnmower - 90 dB
  • A car horn - 110 dB
  • A rock concert or a jet engine - 120 dB
  • A gunshot or firecracker - 140 dB
You know from your own experience that distance affects the intensity of sound -- if you are far away, the power is greatly diminished. All of the ratings above are taken while standing near the sound. Any sound above 85 dB can cause hearing loss, and the loss is related both to the power of the sound as well as the length of exposure. You know that you are listening to an 85-dB sound if you have to raise your voice to be heard by somebody else. Eight hours of 90-dB sound can cause damage to your ears; any exposure to 140-dB sound causes immediate damage (and causes actual pain). See this page for an exposure "ruler."

HowStuffWorks "What is a decibel and how is it measured?"

the way around 'background noise' would be to either
F:run around making 'motorbike sounds(BROOM BROOM for a 4 stroke RING DING DING for two strokes) when the neighbours complain, ask WTF they are talking about, there ARE no bikes.... just like there is no spoon... ;)

Hahaha thats some funny shit :D

Latest posts

Back