• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Miniriders and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Couple of parts for Ducar 125cc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_bard

Reaction score
Hey

WANTED:
1: 125cc exhaust (no muffler required)
2: Chain for 125cc motox i think it's a #428? with or without sprockets
3: Chain tensioner
4: Front sprocket cover for Ducar 125cc

CONDITION: Used, don't mind how battered as long as they work, I don't mind a bit of
rust or a couple of holes in the exhaust. I'm going to replace them later I just want to get the bike running cheaply.

PREFERED PRICE RANGE: Reasonable. brand new exhaust is 35 new chain is 17 so cheaper than that, Not sure about the other 2 but as i said reasonable.

LOCATION: Reservoir Victoria - happy to travel a little way for the right parts

EXTRA INFORMATION: you can have a look at the bike here

Thanks Tom

do you still have the original chain ?
if so count the number of pins to work out the length, i might have one you can use ?

also, measure the thickness of the front and rear sprocket to check if it's a 420 or 428 pitch
both of your sprocket look ok in the pics too, just need a clean up.

and i think i have a sprocket cover too ?

do you still have the original chain ?
if so count the number of pins to work out the length, i might have one you can use ?

also, measure the thickness of the front and rear sprocket to check if it's a 420 or 428 pitch
both of your sprocket look ok in the pics too, just need a clean up.

and i think i have a sprocket cover too ?

Seriously my67xr needs to sell some stuff! Running gear isn't to expensive to buy new that said you're trying to do it on the cheap...welcome to mini bikes....I just realised I need to sell one of my bikes...got a little crazy with it. I think those early Atomiks were 420 pitch were they not, or is it hit and miss? He could have a 420 pitch rear sprocket and a 428 front, running a 420 chain....just to throw the curve ball into it, like my dodgy China bike came with... :p

Just going by what others told me I think its better to replace the whole lot, front, rear and chain with 428 as if the chain slips off in a crash or to loose then it can do serious engine damage!!

Last edited:
Hey thanks for the ebay tips, Langwarrin is a bit of a hike but I'm going to phillip island this week and it's on the way so I've sent him a message to come and have a look at some of his stuff.
I've also picked up that chain tensioner - cheers

Chain- it looked like it had snapped in 2 pieces when i picked the bike up as it wasn't anywhere near long enough to go around so I don't know how long it should be but i took a tape measure and wrapped it around the sprockets and it looked about 135cm
I measured the sprocket thicknesses and they are; front - 26.11mm rear - 25.80mm
also the front only has 14 teeth does that mean it's been replaced?
Cheers

Last edited:
with the sprockets, the 420 sprocket is about 6mm thick, and the 428 is about 7.5mm thick

Chain.JPG

a 14T front was used in a lot of the 125's,

Urrgh i feel like such a noob. The digital calipers were zeroed on about 20odd mm and i just put them on and posted what i saw without even thinking it sounded stupid.
anyway rear sprocket is 5.53mm thick and front is 5.85mm
sorry about that

Cool, thanks for that, I've contacted that guy, hopefully he'll have some stuff I can use.

Latest posts

Back