Cr85 help please!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taggyy

Reaction score
Hey guys my mate left his bike here and i went to take the bike for a ride in the backyard for abit sus the bike out it was working perfected i filled the tank and everything. I go on the road one time with my mate at the back of the bike with me. I Chucked the bike in 1ST FULL THROTTLE and the thing just bogged out badly.

What could it be? The sparkplug or is it flooded or what?

Could be a different ratio of fuel : oil... Could be running to lean... Check spark plug first thought then report back.

Does your mate know you took it for a ride?

Yeah he noes i took it for a ride, He told me to chuck in 100ML of oil Per 5Litres and thats what i did after that it was working all day perfect just fucked up now when i took it out for some reason anyways ill let you no how the sparkplug is then ill get back to you

thanks so much for helping

does it need a rebuild mate... dont go full throttle in first on the road unless u wanna flip it

i no how to ride mate... dont worry about that / No it does not need a rebuilt

How would i no if it is? the bike was fine for about 1hour then i left it for a few hours took it out started it i didnt let it warm up proper then just went. Slapped it into 1st gear full throttled it and the thing just bogged till the bike stalled i tryed push starting and giving it gas while im kick starting it but all its doing is bogging?

Last edited:
this happen to my cr80 crap im just trying to rember what i did

Ohh serious? i hope its noting major and i hope you remember cause its not my bike its a mates i want to fix it for him before we try doing it tommoros

*slap head* haha, should of let it warm up like you do with any other bike. Thats why it bogges down (well thats what happens with the pittie).

Check them, thats how you find out.

Yeah i should of but it wouldnt just fuck up and not start after that... lol i myself have a cr125 never have had any sort of problem like that

ohh yehh lol dad put out board oil ina one day by ooopsy and it just did that, was really boggy and when ever i wanted to ride it i had to wash the plug in petrol lol but yeh. try washing the plug wih a bit of pertol, thats why i do all the work on my 250f now :)

Yeah sweet ill try that :p it sounds like the problem

Could it be the valves?

lol... hope you mean reed valves...lol

anyways 100ml to 5ltrs definatly shouldnt be an issue (50:1) if anything its way too lean.

id say it has shat a plug...1 reason you dont ride 2 strokers slow, there built for 1 throttle speed...Ful noise...to much idling will kill a plug, and riding round to slow will kill a plug...
very rare you see a 2 stroke that doesnt sht plugs, unless they have had the pilot jet changed to cope with it..

anyways pull the plug and check for spark, if no go then remove the plug and try a screwdriver in the plug cap if still no go then remove the cap and try again.....and if still nothing....you got other issues

i will report back as soon as i checked everything

100mls to 5 litres in lean, unless you are running something like motul 800 it is too lean, my grandad runs 30ml of oil to a litre (50mls a litre more) for his cr125..

what oil are you running?

Just cheap stuff for his bike im not using my motul oil

Latest posts

Back