Cr85 help please!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't tease me never worked on a 2-stroke...Do they have valves? Info please.....I need to know.

nope no valves in a 2 stroke.

they have multiple ports in the barrel which act like the cam shaft and there called 2 strokes for that exact reason, they only have 1 revolutions per cycle(1 stroke down and 1 stroke up) unlike a 4 stroke which has 2.
and they have reed valves also..altho not all 2 strokes do...

some 2 strokes have 2 rings on the piston and some only have 1...most modern day engine only have 1..

when ppl port a 2 stroke they alter the port timing ie..move the port higher or lower...same as a cam with more lift and different duration

lol blow this ill find a link...
hope it doesnt prove me wrong...lol

Two-stroke engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and tune in next week folks for 2 stroke diesel 101......NOT

lol Theres no valves in a 2stroke only reed valves lol! 2stroke not a 4stroke

mate if you've started a 2-stroke, any two stroke mxer, wheeled it out on the road, and without warming it up, you've gone and held it wide open, i'm not surprised it's unhappy...
more than likely you've fouled the plug, in which case dont bother cleaning it, go and buy a new one...
either that, or you've cold seized it, in which case, if it was my bike, i'd be slapping you pretty hard...
You said you knew how to ride, no worries bout that, but you held a dead cold engine wide open??

bit more to learn i think mate...

ill second that..

and specially at that sort of 2 stroke ratio....more chances of a cold seize....
bike like that should be anywhere from 32:1 to 40:1 ratio..... 40:1 usually used for normal bush riding to slow down fowled plugs....if its getting a hiding all the time use 32:1...

lol i remeber the good old days when my mates would go to the BP servo and use BP zoom (premixed 25:1) and run there yz/rm/kx's on it.
then it would blow up and theyd sit there scratching their head wondering why...

lol mower fuel in a bike doesnt work...

whats even funnier is they would fix their bike and run the same sht in it again....
gee i use to pick up some cheap bikes back then..

my motovert does that when i start it i put the choke on and when i had it on for a few min and then ride it it does something like that too

chokes are used for cold starting and warming up the engine....
if you like or value your engine you should warm the engine up for at least 5 minutes before riding it...
failing to do so can cause you your piston to expand quicker than the bore can resulting in piston scrap and not to mention cold seizing.
warming the engine also gets the oil to the correct temp and lubes all the parts thoroughly before pressure from riding is applied.
and also as the engine is warming up all the metals are hardening, so no warm up time can make the piston and bore wear quicker than normal....

tagy does ya mate want a procircut exhaust for his 85, brand new still in plastic, $150

ill let him no about it yeah roost ill get back at yA :p i should i let it warm up but i had to go somewhere before my parents came home... very bad idea lol anyways ill just buy a new sparky i know thats the problem pretty sure even if its anything else ill pay for it anyways

Btw If you changed the Revs of the bike at idle could that stuff a plug up because the thing used to not idle it used to stall if you dont rev it a tiny bit everytime so i fixed the revs till it was perfect and didnt stall and thats when it happen while i had the first ride im petty sure its the plug! even sean01 said to much rev can foul a plug

it shouldnt kill the plug...as long as you dont idle it for too long

does ya mate race the bike?

i know some race bikes are set up not to idle... idling a 2 stroke is one major reason they kill plugs....they oil the plug...
if you go to a race day youll see the riders are always reving their bikes and not just a little bit, they snap the throttle to about half all the time.
and when their waitin for the gate to drop there nearly full noise...

Yeah, No he doesnt race he just bought the bike for cheap and thrashes it around to get place to place most the time but yeah. I took the sparky off and there is spark just not a lot i also cleaned it so i dont no what the problem is it still doesnt kick over, Could the topend need a replacement finally?
what do you think i should do now because im doing it 2day later on with a mate

replace the plug... cleaning will do sht...
probly has the wrong colour spark from being fowled up...

hahahaha Sweet how much you think would a new sparky cost mate?

Hey i bought the $5 from Bursons and that was the problem, Thanks guys for all the help saved me a lot of money and time

Thanks everyone

Latest posts

Back