crackling noise

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xmoto140

Reaction score
my bike is making a crackling noise whilst riding?
does any body know what it is and how to fix it?
it would be a big help...cheers

Last edited:
youll have to explain it a little better mate... wheres the crackling noise coming from?
even a video would be good

could be a rock or mud stuck in somthing,or maybe chain to tight?i had a similar noise on mine then when i gave it a good wash with the gurney it was fine,so prob a rock stock in something maybe?

Or could simply be running rich and "burning off" some extra fuel in the exhaust on over run ;)

Need more info...

well it started crackling after i cleaned the bike with the gurney, and it sounds like the crackling is coming from the exhaust, and it only makes the noise when I rev the bike. But the bike is also running rough so i think i might need to adjust the valves. Thanks :)

pull the carby apart and CLEAN it really well also you might as well remove the fuel tank and swish some fuel around in it and tip it out NOT IN THE DRAIN....then start the bike up with fresh fuel and go for a ride might also pay to check the valves but the carby is the problem for sure its pretty common on small dirty engines

my bike is like that, when i turn the Throttle it starts crackiln and the bike cant go fast.

If its doing it after you washed it, theres a fair chance you've got water in the carby. Turn the fuel tap off and drain the carby out.

Latest posts

Back