crazy engines

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Hey bro, nah its all cool, no offence taken at all"

Sweet bruz i like the cut of your jib :cool:

2nd pic is what I was after ....still wrappin my head round it though ...but gettin the idea ....

Must be ALOT of power through that transfer :eek:

The second bike, the two headed WEAPON is very interesting as well are there any specs ?

reason for being so slow... look at the size of the barrels.. the pistons are the size of a golf ball and the valves are tiny...but theres 4 of them... so it should wheelie....

pitmaster: the last pics make way more sense that the 1st "upwards motor"
they would have to had a custom crank shaft and crank case(s)

pitmaster
is there any picture or diagram that you can find that shows how they have join the four heads to the one g'box

as for the second bike wow timing would have been a big issue we need some more info on that one
as looking at it i wonder is it a double pumper or do the pistons alternate wich i'd imagine to be the case but again a timing and engineering nightmare

thanks pitmaster and sus1

thanks pittmaster for posting pics remember feel free to post pics of any crazy pitty or even minibike engines u find n thanks to sus for helpin me prove my point. wats everyone got to say for the 220cc pitty engin i know i want one, oh and iv got the original link were i found the 4cyl monkey its a kneeslider artical Honda 125cc Inline 4 Cylinder Monkey Bike - The Kneeslider keep this thread goin remember to post pics :)

this may sound stupid and improbable to all u mini experts but did it occur to anyone that maybe 2 or even 3 of the cylinders may just be for show?

more pics

got sumore pics a 124cc D.O.H.C. SIX SPEED DRY CLUTCH monkey engine, a twostroke pitty?! its a ktm 50sx replica, and a monkey trike, pretty sweet wudnt mind gettin the kt rep :cool:

Attachments

• DOHC33.JPG
    DOHC33.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 21
  • dohc2.jpg
    dohc2.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 18
  • dohc3E.JPG
    dohc3E.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 17
  • Mini_Dirt_Bike__Water_Cooled_.jpg
    Mini_Dirt_Bike__Water_Cooled_.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 18
  • MONKEY_TRIKE1.jpg
    MONKEY_TRIKE1.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 16
a twostroke pitty?

A pitbike can be any mini bike used to ride in between races in the pit hence why pitbikes where invented - as a mode of transport in the pits during races. Big bikes where not allowed to be riden. So the 2 stroke pitty is nothing out of the usual.
But a 2 stroke fast50 is impossible as the term fast 50 refers to a mini 4 stroke. If you go a few issues back in cycletorque it gives you the full run down on the origin of the monkey , pitbike and fast50.

Ok about that 4 pot 125, I think it might be chain drive from the crank to a dummy shaft where the original crank was located but it must be geared down hence alot of rev and no go,

A pitbike can be any mini bike used to ride in between races in the pit hence why pitbikes where invented - as a mode of transport in the pits during races. Big bikes where not allowed to be riden. So the 2 stroke pitty is nothing out of the usual.
But a 2 stroke fast50 is impossible as the term fast 50 refers to a mini 4 stroke. If you go a few issues back in cycletorque it gives you the full run down on the origin of the monkey , pitbike and fast50.

yer i new they used to use em in the pits hence the name, iv got a few old drag pics of wen they used to use z50js, anyway y i sed that is cuz u rarely see a chinese twostroke pitty cuz they hav pretty much standardised that original honda four stroke horizontal engine design, oh and do 50sx's hav gears?:confused: wud realy like to know howed u like the dohc dry clutch 6 speed unit_mx?

oh n thanks for contributing unit,ok and custo theyed proly haf to gear it down at the crank case cus i dnt thing ude get much torqe out of a125 four banger, i think on the site he sed he used spur gears to tranfer the main crank shaft to the secondary solid dummy one, will haf to check it out its in german

the 6speed dry clutch dohc is a motor anyone can by (if u got the funds)
it a take motor and u can pick if u want wet or dry same as my daytona u can get both

the 6speed box is also sold by take they also make 5speed one aswell

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back