Crf50/70/100/klx110

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motorman

Admin "The Cougar"
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Looking for a new project. Just can't decide which of the above bikes to get.

Just looking for people's opinions on which is easiest to mod, cost etc.

well crf50 would be easiest, to get parts for. but i think you should do a klx110 cant see enough of them done up mate.

i second that

you will get much more out of the klx

i think you would have a really hard time going from a motovert to a crf just the size let alone power

from a price point of view the initial cost of the klx is going to be higher from new but when it come to hop up parts it's part in par

What about the CRF100's?? Anyone done one of them before?? It's hard to find KLX110's second hand. How much are they brand new?

Yeah i know I'm going to have a hard time with the lack of power. I want to bump the bike skills up on a smaller rig so not to worried about the power. more to the point, it's about the project on this one.

I gotta agree with Coolie that the KLX is the better option. Are you wanting a full on mini or a midsize? Im guessing that a KLX110 would be about $3500 brand new.

go the klx mate, thats whats next inline for me also.........and they seem to have quiet a few and easy to get hold of aftermarket parts....and ya i think a new one is somewhere between $3500-$4000

I gotta agree with Coolie that the KLX is the better option. Are you wanting a full on mini or a midsize? Im guessing that a KLX110 would be about $3500 brand new.

Would prefer midsize as I want to race it. $3500 grand brand new is pretty expensive. Think I would look for a second hand one. I reckon the KLX will be the go for one bike, heaps of mods available and a top bike. If your round WogTaz, how much did you get your second hand one for so i know what to expect?

Think I might do 2 bikes. Really want a Honda mini as well. :D

Next question, which CRF?? 50/70/100.

Thanks for the advice.

crf50 for sure...but if was you i'd do a full blown$$$ crf70 over a klx but thats just me

Last edited:
^^^^^Why a 50 though??

Why wouldn't you want a worked 70?? I don't think a 50 would be powerful enough for me???

70 for sure......have u won the lottery or something man lol.....2 bike builds is gunna sting the pocket a lil

the big bore kits for both 70 and 50 motors are the same so you can get the same power out of a 50 motor as a 70 .

That's very handy to know. A 50 is looking the way to go.

Are there any taller guys that ride them? Just a bit worried it won't be big enough!! :D

Ya never to big for a 50 man,

Haha I got some really big mates who ride em fine

with all the mods you can do being tall is'nt really an issue..
you can get extended aftermarket frames,+2 +3 +4 swingarms, longer forks, tall seats etc which will all raise the ride height.
it's just really a question of how much ya wanna spend?

Ok cool. I don't mind spending a bit. Just not 10 grand or anything!!

Anyone got a CRF50 to sell then?? hahaha. :D

i bought me klx for around 2.2- 2.3 k which i think is dam good with wat was done with it , i see stock second hand ones at around 2- 2.5k ....

if i had the money i would take a full blown crf70 over a klx110 just cause of the weight/handling is alot better on them

and with 70s theres alot of cheap alternative parts , lots of tough china swingars , or a +4 sano for crf50 , i seen people using crf80 forks which looked pretty good and yer .. ......

where as 110s you need to buy the real deal stuff... but then again 110s are pretty sick left stockish !!!

the big bore kits for both 70 and 50 motors are the same so you can get the same power out of a 50 motor as a 70 .

True , but you can do the 70 motor cheaper ie all you have to do is get the head ported , get a hi-comp piston , 22mm intake ported , 22mm RS carb and just buy a tb barrel for it. I have also herd the crank is stronger in the 70's?

70's chasis is far better too , the forks can be worked preety easily with the aid of a suspension guru , some bbr sp5 springs , decent matched oil and shimming.

The 70's frame doesnt really need to be replaced , just get it braced and cradled. Swinga is preety strong and proven. Rims are quite strong too , Anyone who know's Rapid at fab50's -he is a unit and flogged his 70 with the strenghtend frame and standard wheel set with the revised forks.

Im considering the shift towards the 70 as my body get's preety beat after a day in the saddle of the 50 and therefor my riding suffers. I reckon I'd be faster on the 70.

i got an 09 crf50 i might sell its got
: five-0 bart kit with billet throttle $350
: tall seat $80
: sano hd foot pegs $100
: billet gas cap $65
: fox float mxr rear shock $500
: +1 forkleg kit with hd springs $300
: fast50s extended gear shift lever $45
: choke mod
: uni filter $30
: cut down ignition cover

i will want about $2000

i bought me klx for around 2.2- 2.3 k which i think is dam good with wat was done with it , i see stock second hand ones at around 2- 2.5k ....

if i had the money i would take a full blown crf70 over a klx110 just cause of the weight/handling is alot better on them

and with 70s theres alot of cheap alternative parts , lots of tough china swingars , or a +4 sano for crf50 , i seen people using crf80 forks which looked pretty good and yer .. ......

where as 110s you need to buy the real deal stuff... but then again 110s are pretty sick left stockish !!!

Thanks for the info WogTaz. Champion. I agree the look great stock, it's just the thought of 5 grands engine work that I ain't looking forward too!!

I'm really stuck on this one now though, think I would like to go the CRF70/50 cause I love Honda's. What about the CRF 100's though?? Anyone done one up before??

Steve101: I wanna build it myself so don't want an already modded one. Thanks anyway.

Latest posts

Back