CRF50 build up

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just an update on the build, bringing a marzocchi works front end over from the states. Will post pics once installed :)

I would stay away from 50 caliber , some parts may be ok but its all mostly rubbish .. not alot of praise in America .

A-style with a good shock will out ride that imo.

Cheers guys, looks like an A style will be the go. Would prefer a +3 but struggling to find one online, Sik50s do a version but im not decided yet. May end up with a Sano

Re-sprayed the stock swing arm

Aldi box as a spray booth, cheap n nasty

Attachments

• spraybooth.jpeg
    spraybooth.jpeg
    503.4 KB · Views: 42
  • noswingarm.jpeg
    noswingarm.jpeg
    477.7 KB · Views: 35
Today in the mail arrived from DHZ a rear millville tyre, huge improvement over stock. I also ordered a black 10" complete rear wheel.

Also arrived today was the front wheel 12" black complete with formula disc brake. Waiting on my new forks to arrive then I can bolt it all up :)

Cheers for following my build!

Attachments

• newfront.jpeg
    newfront.jpeg
    262.2 KB · Views: 29
  • newrear.jpeg
    newrear.jpeg
    311.4 KB · Views: 24
  • rearblack.jpeg
    rearblack.jpeg
    333.9 KB · Views: 21
Good stuff lad, theres enough there to keep you busy for a little while anyway. Keep those pics coming.

Since you last saw the bike its had a new rear wheel and I've painted the frame and swing arm black because I was on holidays and had alot of spare time...

Bolted up a set of genuine marzocchi works forks from PAX racing.
As you can see the bike is currently sitting like a chopper
Plans for the next mods are frame/swingarm to level out the ride
and then ill start on the motor

Attachments

• image-1.jpeg
    image-1.jpeg
    670.5 KB · Views: 22
  • image-2.jpeg
    image-2.jpeg
    621.2 KB · Views: 42
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    315.8 KB · Views: 20
What type if triples are they, they don't look like their Marzoochi?

they dont say marzocchi on them, CMC is the brand on the bar mount

Yeah I have just never seen them before.. Can't wait to see what you get sorted out for your rear end.. You'll need to beef up ur engine cos that front end it heeavy..

Ive never heard of CMC either.. yeah its added alot of weight to the bike. I am fairly set on getting a TB 108 v2 big bore kit.

You won't be disappointed the 108 rips. I was worried that the extra weight on the front would not let me power wheelie anymore but it lifts up no troubles at all..

Thats some peace of mind ha. What gearing would you recommend?

I run 15-37 which seems to work alright but I've also got a 4 speed.. If you get that RB setup get the 117

Okay, yeah the only thing is case boring seems like a hassle to get it done..

Latest posts

Back