crf50 fly wheel noise

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HONDA18

Reaction score
Hi, I only just installed the trail bikes 88cc race head kit on my crf50. I rolled the fly wheel over and a tick is coming from behind it. The tick almost sounds like a spring is hitting something, it only ticks when roller over 180. I took the clutch cover of and I am not sure if I lined up the two triangle bits, the one with the 3 little ball bearing on it. I also accidently turned the clutch adjuster screw, i turned it anti clock wise till i felt resistence but i don't think its right, Could that be causing the noise? Would appreciate some help, thanks.

Did you remove the tensioner bolt? Sounds like it's the cam chain. They do that, when no oil in there. Did you replace the cam chain? Do so. You're adding a huge amount of extra drag with the pump and cam/springs, and the worn stocker is light-duty. I use the HD DID(same brand as stock, much beefier) on almost all rebuilds.

Did you do the HD oil pump at well?

Yeah GDFP you were kind of right with your first thought, i took the tensioner bolt and spring out and put them back in the wrong way and the spring went up in behind the fly wheel and it was flicking everytime i turned the fly wheel, i took it out and its fine, just gota get a new spring now. I'll be sure to get a better cam chain aswell, thanks. Yeah Gerro i put one in bud.

Latest posts

Back