crf50 style build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok here is a pic, it has 12/12 wheels atm but will check it out with 12/14 tomorrow.
10032010261.jpg

Very kool.. forks look a bit short though?

Farkkkk man looks mint! haha doesnt look to bad with 12/12.
and corey mine is the same i have a 280mm on mine atm and people said it should be fine and im running a dhz extended 50 style frame with 14/12 and the right size forks so dunno. i might be going down to a 270 or so though might be a bit to high :/

that rear shock angle is very shape, i think you will need a shorter shock,

haha its all good mate, the plastics and seat are sitting higher then normal because of the support made the tank higher by about 12mm (the back of the seat is about 20mm higher then normal untill i bolt it on) also when i sit on it it looks like a normal bike when you sit on it;)

Farkkkk man looks mint! haha doesnt look to bad with 12/12.
and corey mine is the same i have a 280mm on mine atm and people said it should be fine and im running a dhz extended 50 style frame with 14/12 and the right size forks so dunno. i might be going down to a 270 or so though might be a bit to high :/

yeh i will try the 14/12 tomoz :) but the should be all sweet:D

yer it might look normal when sitting on it with no chain,
but add a chain on it when you adj it right with no weight on it it be fine then you add weight and bumps and it be pulling to tight then you set it so you have weight on the bike, you take the weigh off it way to loose. see it all the time in the shop. them Thumb stars where shocking for it the 125 model not the little crf50 one

yes that would suck:( lol well i better be carefull with the trial and error lol:)

il grab a pic of it with the 14 front on tonight i think and that may be better ( i know it wont fix the swing arm lol)

okie dokie, heres where im up to... this is todays work a befor and an after (yes the pics are in the right order:p)

BEFORE:
DSCF0081.jpg

and after:
DSCF0086.jpg

im adding extra supports now lol... heres a pic (there will be more soon)
DSCF0091.jpg

also heres a random pic of half my spares...
DSCF0084.jpg

Last edited:
Nice work man keep it up! Good to see some people doing some real fabrication!
Cant wait to see it when its done! Get a video ;)

I have a vid from this morning starting it up, and was gunna get a vid of riding yesterday avo but the stopper for the tripples was stoping me turn the bars enough to u turn lol, well fixed that woth the grinder and will have a vid of it running the 125 by next weekend, the the 140 soonish

Upload the one of starting it up i want to see it in a vid! I did a mad burnout yesturday but mum took the camera to qld :( wait i got my laptop! hahaha ill do one tomorrow ;)

Looking sweeet man. I spy a few carbies in that big box o spares... wouldnt happen to have any Molkt's?

Latest posts

Back