Crf50

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitch7615

Reaction score
are crf 50 quick? im 6 foot 1 and 15 yr old. what r good pittys 4 me?

Nuh , stock they are only 2.5hp but thats easily enough to have fun on. Top speed with 37t to 15t gearing is like 50kmph. But Who care's you can ride em all day without a worry in the world. The taller the funner , just get a bar kit for it , a tall seat , +1" legs and shock and footpegs and you can easily ride it all day. And it will last till you have children , not a disposable piece of junk that expires after 12 months of use.

Well worth it dude , definatley won't regret it! They are cheap enough now!!!

"They are cheap enough now!!!"

On that point...what are they worth new from Honda nowadays?? $1600?

Um no you can pick them up second hand for $800 - $1000 all ready to rip , bars and all. Thats hell cheap , cant even get a dhz for that now!!! Why would you bother????

good point mate now your making me wonder why i bothered lol. i think ill have to pick one up sooner or later.

anyhow back on topic...

Horses for courses I guess. Some love the challenge of owning a china bike , its easy to get power out of them , cheap to replace when something breaks and fun to experiment with. The whole china doubt thing would only encourage those really into modifying their imports even more to prove all the nay-sayers. Others go honda purley for reliability and confidence. With a honda you know what you are getting , with a china - who knows hence why you pay less as your taking a gamble. But thats why its so fun , too make something out of nothing and really build something unique like a china that will be competitive and durable. Which we are seeing more of.

But , me personally I like honda's as there isnt a gamble or element of risk. Also comes with some sort of clang status haha , I get invites to ride private tracks , heaps of help of other riders etc now I own a honda as it show's your serious about the unserious - riding kids bikes.

Either way , as long as we are all having fun and not taking anything away from the sport or industry then its all good.

I own a honda as it show's your serious about the unserious - riding kids bikes.QUOTE]

that is one of the smartest things I have ever heard unit. I may have to borrow that quote. While some people buy honda for reliability my main reason wasnt reliability (while its a great thing to have) the main reason I went honda is because its impossible to find a china bike with 10"-10" wheels and thats what minis are all about being a mini, my bike rides a whole 2 inches higher then a stock crf50 and I have actually thought about taking my +1 legs out and chopping my springs so that it would sit at the stock height while still being stronger.

to answer the first question, nah mate crf50s stock are not fast. However, if speed is your thing you can get 107cc bore kits and what not that will make it as fast as any china out there. But who wants a mini to go fast? thats what big bikes are for

Nuh , stock they are only 2.5hp but thats easily enough to have fun on.

For some reason im led to believe that stock crf 50's run 7-8 hp
as a mate has a 100% stocker that is 8hp on a dyno...

some one correct me if im wrong tho..........

8 hp stock bahahahahahah ya mate was pissing in your pocket 2.5 hp stock from the factory

would they b quick enough 2 race 125 thumpstars if it aint stock?

if it has an 88cc kit you could posibily keep up with 125cc chinas, i've seen a few on ebay going cheap, where do you live???

Last edited:
its alright, yeah manny bikes pop up in VIC so won't be hard to find a good 50.

good luck with the buy.

i think im gonna get a good pitbike like braap it worries me that they all say great 4 begging kids

Latest posts

Back